01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Him connect says offline after changing broadband supplier

Pablo01

Recently had some Hikvision cctv fitted i have changed broadband to talk talk now it says offline in all 4 boxes where cameras should be can anyone help to solve this please

Recently had some Hikvision cctv fitted i have changed broadband to talk talk now it says offline in all 4 boxes where cameras should be can anyone help to solve this please

Your new ISP (Talk Talk) probably uses a different gateway/router address, your IP cameras will have been activated on the old address range (e.g. 192.168.1.xxx) and this address range probably no longer matches the IP range of your new ISP gateway address (e.g. 192.168.3.xxx)

You can check your Gateway/router address using this forum post - How To find your router and PC's IP address using a Windows PC

Once you have confirmed the Gateway address you can use Hikvision's SADP Tool to find the devices on your network and change their IP and gateway addresses to match the range of your network.

Your new ISP (Talk Talk) probably uses a different gateway/router address, your IP cameras will have been activated on the old address range (e.g. 192.168.1.xxx) and this address range probably no longer matches the IP range of your new ISP gateway address (e.g. 192.168.3.xxx)

You can check your Gateway/router address using this forum post - How To find your router and PC's IP address using a Windows PC

Once you have confirmed the Gateway address you can use Hikvision's SADP Tool to find the devices on your network and change their IP and gateway addresses to match the range of your network.
Does it make a difference as these cameras are poc analogue camera setup thanks in advance

Does it make a difference as these cameras are poc analogue camera setup thanks in advance

If you are using Hik-connect then those analog cameras must be connected to your router in some way (probably via a DVR) so that you can reach them over the internet remotely. So you will need to change the IP address of the DVR to match the router's IP range and then your cameras will be able to reach the internet to reconnect with the Hik-connect account.

In a couple of weeks I will be switching from EE 4G broadband to Gigaclear fibre (FTTP @ 1000Mbps up/down - whoopee!). My POE cameras stream via a switch, ie no NVR, so will I have to update them one by one or is there a utility which can update them all at once - assuming their IP number doesn't need to be changed?

Hikvision does have a Batch Config Tool that will let you update multiple cameras at once but make sure you identify which cameras use which firmware because if you have a mix of cameras they might not all use the same firmware and won't be able to update them all at once. Sometimes when you switch ISP your gateway/router address can change and if this does happen you may need to change the IP addresses of all your cameras.

Back