01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Home installation - Advice needed

Sam Momin

Hello guys,

I'm thinking of installing 8 channel NVR with 6 IP cameras for my house. Just needed some advice and guidance.
I'm new to this, so just wanted your advice of what I need to look out for and advice on which one to potentially go for.

I understand the concept behind it and how IP and everything works, just not sure about NVRs and which ones to go for and what to look out for.

Not looking for traditional CCTV cameras because if I'm going to do it now, I might aswell get IP ones put in. Also, Im thinking of putting an ethernet port in every room, into a patch panel then into a switch anyway so may aswell do it all at the same time.

Thanks in advance.

Sam.

Hi Sam, at this point in time, i'd go with a Hikvision system, as it's currently, in our opinion, the best value for money system. A solid 6 camera system would have a 7608NI-E2 at it's core, with 6 - 8TB of storage inside. There are two hard-drive bays so you'll need to take that into account. As for the cameras, all of the two series cameras tend to have the same internal features, but some have slight variations (two series being cameras that start with 2_32, e.g the 2123F - one of our most popular sellers). The most typical lens size would be a 4mm lens, but different scenarios may call for different lens sizes. If you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Back