01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How about a tutorial on recording video to a NAS drive from a 2CD2032-1

Brent Miller

So I can view video remotely over the internet and get email alerts on motion detected. But, I have not been able to record video on motion detected to my nas drive. I have the nas drive set up with a fixed ip address and have done the steps in 6.1 of the manual (configuring nas settings). But when I go to the storage management tab to initialize the drive, I don't see the nas as drive #1 which I just did in the previous step. The disk status shows "offline". I can see and access the nas just fine in IE. I have configured the recording schedule to record on motion.
Any thoughts are appreciated.

There are a plathora of similiar messages about this - with the old 5.1.6 release, it was possible to patch the firmware (as there is a bug in it that prevents this working correctly). Anyone on 5.2 .. that patch may brick your Camera...

I've tried with my QNAP NAS using SMB (Windows shares) and also NFS - both of which I am very familiar setting up. I followed their exact instructions and it does what you say - initialises after format and then goes back to uninitialised (also after a reboot). HIKVISION have not responded to problems reported - and I don't see anything here either from USE-IP, although they have little control over the firmware itself, but can help us representing these issues to Hikvision.

PLEASE will any of you who have this issue keep complaining to USE-IP (if you bought it from them) or your supplier - its ludicrous that a simple patch (which is all that is required) cannot be included and we are unable to record direct to NAS because of it.

Well even a blind horse can find the barn door sometimes.
I was able to finally make the camera work with my NAS drive. The key was setting the mounting type to SMB/CIFS and entering the NAS login and password. It formatted the drive and I have been recording video on motion detection ever since. My camera has the 5.1 firmware and my nas is a WD mybook world edition.

There are a plathora of similiar messages about this - with the old 5.1.6 release, it was possible to patch the firmware (as there is a bug in it that prevents this working correctly). Anyone on 5.2 .. that patch may brick your Camera...

I've tried with my QNAP NAS using SMB (Windows shares) and also NFS - both of which I am very familiar setting up. I followed their exact instructions and it does what you say - initialises after format and then goes back to uninitialised (also after a reboot). HIKVISION have not responded to problems reported - and I don't see anything here either from USE-IP, although they have little control over the firmware itself, but can help us representing these issues to Hikvision.

PLEASE will any of you who have this issue keep complaining to USE-IP (if you bought it from them) or your supplier - its ludicrous that a simple patch (which is all that is required) cannot be included and we are unable to record direct to NAS because of it.

Hi

I saw on a post from a different site that the minimum size for the shared NSF / SMB-CIFS drive should be at least 16gb. If the size is lower, you can format it but it will stay "uninitialized".

When we set it to 16Gb or higher, we were able to store recorded videos to the NAS storage.

Hope this helps.

Back