01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

MacOS How can I upgrade Hikvision camera firmware from an Apple Mac (DS-2CD2342WD-I)?

Murfy92

Hi,

Camera: DS-2CD2342WD-I
Current Firmware: V5.5.0 build 170725
Latest Available Firmware:
V5.5.82_Build190909

Steps Taken So Far:
1. How do I update HikVision Firmware in just nine simple steps? - updated 20th February 2019
2. How do I find the latest firmware for my Hikvision camera?
3. Downloaded the latest firmware from here
4. Unzipped the file to reveal a file called digicap.dav
5. Go to Mac - open chrome browser - go to IP address of camera - login - configuration - system - maintenance - upgrade
6. Click on 'browse' to select the file for firmware upgrade. BUT nothing happens.

Please help, how can I upgrade my cameras firmware from a mac. I do not have a windows PC.

Hi @Murfy92

This older Hikvision model requires a browser that supports the Hikvision plugin and unfortunately, the only browser that still does support the plug-in is Internet Explorer.

The only way a Mac user can update and access all the menus/settings of an older model like this is to install Hikvision's iVMS-4200 software and add the camera to it.

Once the device is added you can select it and click Remote Configuration which then brings up a pop-up with all the cameras menus/settings. Go to System > System Maintenance and the update steps from there should be almost exactly the same as when doing it with the browser.

Just a thought but have you tried just using Safari? Although it's not supported and you don't see preview images etc in the camera webpage, it often still allows you to browse to the upgrade file - worth a try.

Back