01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How Do I Connect my 3rd-Party Panasonic Camera to the PoE Ports on my Hikvision NVR?

Robinbanks

Hi all,

Sorry to hijack the thread but i was wondering if anyone can help me out. I am out of ideas myself at this stage.

I currently have 2 Hikvision IP cams and a Hikvision NVR setup at home. I want to configure a Panasonic BB-HCM735 IP cam to the Hikvision NVR, model is DS-7604NI=E1/4P

I have spent days now on youtube and google trying to add the panasonic camera to the NVR but i have failed. Would anyone have done this before that might be able to walk me through the steps.

the Panasonic camera is plugged directly into the POE port of the NVR which enable power and communication to the camera but i am unable to add the camera via the iVMS client software. I can confirm that i set the camera IP to the same range as the NVR local IP address, and entered the port #, log in info etc and tried to add the camera using manual setup in the camera configuration page. I tried using Onvif protocol and Panasonic protocol but the camera never comes online. When that didnt work i set the camera IP address up to the same range as the NVR's internal POE ip address and went through the manual add steps again. This also didnt work for me.

Hikvision PTZ cameras
Hi @Robinbanks

We don't work with Panasonic cameras so our knowledge of their interfaces/setup is limited but usually, when adding a 3rd-party camera directly to the PoE ports on a Hikvision NVR you will first need to connect that camera to your local network via a PoE injector/switch and then change the camera's IP address to match the NVRs subnet range (192.168.254.xxx). After changing this you then need to change the NVR port you are connecting the camera to to manual and set the IP address and password to match the details of the camera.

The below guide is for connecting Hikvision cameras to a Milesight NVR, but the process should be similar for any combination of camera & NVR brands.

Hi @Robinbanks

We don't work with Panasonic cameras so our knowledge of their interfaces/setup is limited but usually, when adding a 3rd-party camera directly to the PoE ports on a Hikvision NVR you will first need to connect that camera to your local network via a PoE injector/switch and then change the camera's IP address to match the NVRs subnet range (192.168.254.xxx). After changing this you then need to change the NVR port you are connecting the camera to to manual and set the IP address and password to match the details of the camera.

The below guide is for connecting Hikvision cameras to a Milesight NVR, but the process should be similar for any combination of camera & NVR brands.

Dan, thank you very much for replying to my question. I am pretty sure i done exactly as you suggested but i will try again and take a screen grab as i go through the steps to add the camera on the Hikvision NVR. From memory i think the error i was getting when i added the camera to the NVR was "network unreachable"

One other thing to check is whether the camera needs ONVIF to be enabled manually in the settings, some camera brands do not have ONVIF enabled by default and this can stop the camera connecting to 3rd-party NVRs. You usually find any ONVIF settings under the network settings but we have little experience with Panasonic so they may be somewhere else on their cameras.

One other thing to check is whether the camera needs ONVIF to be enabled manually in the settings, some camera brands do not have ONVIF enabled by default and this can stop the camera connecting to 3rd-party NVRs. You usually find any ONVIF settings under the network settings but we have little experience with Panasonic so they may be somewhere else on their cameras.
I think you might be on to something there Dan. I did search the panasonic camera setting to determine if onvif was enabled but i found no reference to onvif anywhere so that makes me think the camera is not compatible with this NVR.

well it might be that simple so Dan. Its not the end of the world just when i had this spare camera i thought i could use it somewhere

Reactions: Dan
Back