01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How-to: How do I Reset a HikVision IP camera using the pushbutton? - updated 30th October 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Updated 30th October 2018 - corrected the download link in the last line (Hikvision had changed the url)

Firstly, has your camera got a pushbutton for resetting it?

It's a pretty reliable rule of thumb that if your camera has a memory card slot it will also have a reset pushbutton (often located adjacent to the card slot).

In HikVision's naming nomenclature an 'F' in the product code denotes 'F for Flash' meaning it can accept a memory card.

A few cameras in the previous R6 Family range have it.
All cameras in the current G1 Family / EasyIP 3.0 have card slots and pushbutton reset.

To reset your camera back to factory defaults:
  1. Disconnect the power supply.
  2. Press and hold the reset button.
  3. Keep holding the reset button and restore the power supply.
  4. Continue to hold the reset button for a further 10 seconds.
  5. Release the button and allow the camera to complete a restart/reboot.

When you check the camera in SADP after resetting it should show as 'inactive' and will require you to start afresh.
The first thing you'll be required to do in SADP is set a password.

All settings will be reset by a pushbutton reset, so you will need to re-configure the camera's IP address, network settings, time, OSD, etc.

We would recommend that you also check for and update to the latest available firmware for your camera model:
DOWNLOAD PORTAL

See also:
How to reset a Hikvision camera to factory default settings via your browser

Last edited:
If you can login, then via the Configuration -> Maintenance -> "Default"

HikVision camera default reset 1-5-18.png

if you cant ?

only curious as I had a look for afriend today##camera was showing as detecting and thats all it would do connected to NVR

brought it home and sadp is not allowing me to change anything

Do you know the password, and therefore should be able to make changes?

Usually, not knowing the password would be the only thing stopping you from being able to log-in.
In which case you'd have to use the 'Forgot Password' procedure and request a reset file from HikVision Tech Support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back