01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How-to: How do I reset the password of an EZVIZ account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieran

Knows a LOT of stuff
Trusted Member
How to Reset the Password of an EZVIZ Account
We've had a few customers and forum user enquiries over the last couple of weeks regarding how to change or reset the password of an EZVIZ account. The process is briefly mentioned in our guide on how to set up EZVIZ, but I thought it'd be helpful to have a more indepth guide.

EZVIZ (or HikCloud as it is also known by) is now supported by most Hikvision cameras, and is slowly being added to more and more product lines. In particular, the exceptionally popular Hikvision 4MP R6 series of cameras all support EZVIZ.

Thankfully, the password reset process is very straightforward.

First, navigate to the EZVIZ homepage at the link below and click the Login button.

http://www.ezvizlife.com/

Next, click on the "Forgot the Password?" link, just below the login fields.

OtSgGIQ.jpg

In the following page, enter either your account username or email address that you usually use to login to your account with, and complete the verification check.

8VE0gz1.jpg

A new window will open, prompting you to enter in a Verification Code. An email containing the code will have just been sent from EZVIZ to the email you entered in the Account field in the previous step, or the email address tied to the account username if you entered this instead.

Make sure you check your Spam or Junk folder in case it was sent there by mistake.

Gzhtfcp.jpg

Enter the short code received in the email in to this new window and hit OK

If successful, you'll be taken to a new page where you will be able to enter a new password for your account. Simply make sure that the new password is considered at least Safe - ideally of course you'd ensure it's considered Very Safe.

Confirm the new password and hit Submit.

TLNgsDd.jpg

That's it, your password should now be reset and you can log in to your account using the new password you just created.

i forget my password for EZVIZ app and when i try recovery from my user name they want verfication code but the code not reach to me by email no by phone even check junk file not present any one can help me

Does anyone know the password to the EZVIZ DVR when first setting it up? I looked everwhere and can not find, please help! Thanks!

Does anyone know the password to the EZVIZ DVR when first setting it up? I looked everwhere and can not find, please help! Thanks!
The verification code of your device will be printed on the white label attached to the DVR.

If none is present, try ABCDEF
If that doesn't work either, try the admin password of your DVR

Make sure your DVR actually supports EZVIZ - for many you require a firmware update first.

Thank you, I did try ABCDEF because there is no verification code on the DVR. I bought the 6 camera system all exviz so I wouldnt think the DVR wouldnt support EZVIZ. How do you perform an update?

What model of DVR and camera do you have?

Ah, I've not had hands-on experience with an EZVIZ product, only their / Hikvision's cloud P2P service. I'd recommend you contact the seller, they should be able to point you right.

Thank you everyone, I figured it out. I wasnt getting the scan code b/c of my monitor but when I set up a different monitor and it showed up, it made me set up an acct and password which was password was the same as the verification code.

When creating an Admin Password on the DVR, please make sure it does not have characters that are not recognised by the EZVIZ app. For example I used the exclamation mark '!' in the Admin Password which the DVR accepted. However, when I tried to connect from the App by using the DVR Admin Code as the 'Device Verification Code', the App refused to connect. When I changed the DVR Admin Password to a simpler password e.g. alphanumeric lowercase characters only, it worked OK. This was for model number cs-vr104d

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back