01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

After Enabling Rotate/Corridor Mode for one of my Cameras the Live View appears Squashed in the Hik-Connect App

tedted22

I have an issue in that even after all this is done, using a mobile app like iVMS or HokConnect doesn't work for rotated/corridor mode. It still displays it in portrsit and the image is squashed and looks odd.

It looks fine on the local or web browser live view though.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Do you mean it's still displaying in landscape? Have you got a screenshot to show what you mean?

For iVMS, have you followed the instructions to the first section in part 3 about merging frames in the program?

I don't think there's much you can do in Hik-Connect regarding the stream orientation, someone might be able to tell me otherwise. Does the camera display properly when you view it in full screen on the app?

Hello Kyle

Are you able explain the steps described in Part 3 that should be followed when using Version 3 NVR GUI.

Thanks

Really useful and detailed, thanks!

I have an issue in that even after all this is done, using a mobile app like iVMS or HokConnect doesn't work for rotated/corridor mode. It still displays it in portrsit and the image is squashed and looks odd.

It looks fine on the local or web browser live view though.

Any ideas?

Thanks

It is squashed for me also on HIK Connect when you first go into the stream but there is a button bottom right of the steam with two arrows to expand the view. If you do this it will fill the screen. The first picture posted by Kyle shows the expanded view that I get.

Hello Kyle

Are you able explain the steps described in Part 3 that should be followed when using Version 3 NVR GUI.

Thanks

Kyle

Have tried and can't find the custom view button on version 3.0. K series NVR running 3.4.103

Thanks

Hi @gp116126

I've had a good look and it doesn't seem to be a feature available in V3 I'm afraid, sorry. No mention of custom view at all in the Hikvision documentation for K-series.

It is squashed for me also on HIK Connect when you first go into the stream but there is a button bottom right of the steam with two arrows to expand the view. If you do this it will fill the screen. The first picture posted by Kyle shows the expanded view that I get.

Thanks, but I can't see this. Could you post a screenshot of the said button?

Cheers!

Thanks, but I can't see this. Could you post a screenshot of the said button?

Cheers!
Screenshot_20200326-185512_Hik-Connect.jpg

The arrows pointing NE / SW bottom right corner of the image.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200326-190000_Hik-Connect.jpg
    Screenshot_20200326-190000_Hik-Connect.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 256
  • Screenshot_20200326-190000_Hik-Connect.jpg
    Screenshot_20200326-190000_Hik-Connect.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 267
I don't see this at all...
Screenshot_20200401_121011_com.hikvision.hikconnect.jpg

Are you going through an NVR or direct to the IP camera in HikConnect?

@tedted22 what version of Hik-connect are you using?

If you go to the home screen, tap more right and then tap about at the bottom of the page you should see the version you are running under the Hikvision logo.

We are currently running v4.3.0.0330 on Andriod and that was only updated a couple of days ago.

Mine is
Screenshot_20200401_164013_com.android.vending.jpg

3.11.1.1023 on Android 10, shows as the latest version on Play store

Hi @tedted22,

You can no longer update to the latest version of Hik-Connect in the play store, you need to download the update via Hikvision's own app store. The below post explains everything and how to download from Hik's app store. Upgrade to V4.3.0.0330 and see if this fixes things:

The method for updating the Hik-Connect App on Android devices has recently changed to mean that users can no longer update via Google's Play Store. To use Version 4.1.0 of the app Android users now need to access Hikvision's own App Store and update via the .apk file which is downloadable from there. The reasons for this change have been discussed in this post, as well as our thoughts on the situation.

This simple tutorial has been put together to walk you through this new method for updating in 5 easy steps, so that you can ensure you install the latest version of the Hik-Connect app is installed properly on your Android device.

Step 1:
Open Hik-Connect if you have it already installed, and press the Upgrade Now button in the popup. If you don't have the app installed or do not get this popup upon opening the act, this link to the Hikvision App Store will take you to the update file. You need to make sure you open this page on the Android device that you wish to install the updated software on, as this will be the device that the update file is saved to! In the App store, make sure Android is selected in the top-left hand corner and then select Download beneath Hik-Connect to get the .apk update file.

View attachment 3301
View attachment 3307

Step 2:
Press Download when the prompt to do so appears at the bottom of your screen. Don't worry, this is a safe and secure link!

View attachment 3302

Step 3
Select Install when the prompt to do so appears at the bottom of the screen.

View attachment 3304

Step 4
The installation will begin, wait for the progress bar to complete... Go and put the kettle on!

View attachment 3305

Step 5
If you get the same screen as the one below, then you're all done. You should now have the latest version (V4) of Hik-Connect installed on your device. You can either press Open to launch the app, or Done to return back to whatever you were previously doing. If your screen doesn't say App installed with a tick above, then you'll need to repeat steps 1-4 again!

View attachment 3306
View attachment 3301

Thanks Kyle!

Now on the new v4 app but still no icon to change the layout to portrait. Anything else I need to do?

Are you opening the camera's live stream whilst holding the phone in portrait mode? the expand icon only appears if the camera is set to corridor mode and you have opened the rotated live stream in portrait mode, if you open the live stream while you are already in landscape mode you won't see the expand icon.

What NVR and camera models do you have?

Yeah, it's the same in portrait mode on the phone, no icon.

I am using the 4K (8MP) DS-2CD2385FWD-I and DS-7608NI-K2/8P

That is really strange, I have just tested by adding our 7604(B) demo unit in the office to my Hik-Connect account and we have no problem viewing the expanded rotated view, see below:

Screenshot_20200402-122137.jpg
Screenshot_20200402-122144.jpg

I tried this both with a camera directly connected to the PoE ports on the NVR (2343 4MP Turret) and a camera connected remotely via PoE switch (2055 5MP Mini Bullet) and both gave the same results.

What firmware versions are your NVR and camera running?

Can you post a screenshot of what you see when you have the phone in portrait mode?

P.s. I am connecting to the camera locally over wi-fi by IP, not using Hikvisions own HikCentral or whatever it's called.

Back