01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How-to: How do I set up Hikvision ANPR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, you said you were using the ds-2cd4a25fwd-izhs camera, can you confirm that it's not the /P model? Documentation seems to suggest the LPR functionality is only available on the models with the P at the end. Thanks in advance.

Hi, The models with a /P at the end are a fairly recent thing.
Until they became available you bought a standard model (4A25/4A26 LightFighter/DarkFighter) and then got the ANPR firmware from your reseller. Uploading that firmware makes your camera an ANPR camera.
I believe the /P models have simply had this done at the factory.
Last I checked nobody was bothering to import the /P models into the UK; no point - another line to carry for no benefit.

Hello,
I need to trigger ANPR from my software : when something happen I want to query the camera (thru TCP/IP) and receive APNR result from the camera either in an answer or thru a file in FTP server.
Would it be possible ?
Best Regards.
Patrice

Hi there I too would be keen to know if this is possible. The limited information/access to Hikvision's documentation makes this difficult to qualify what is actually a great product for our client's use. Has anyone else here managed to do this?

Is there a recommendation on camera settings?
I'm trying to understand what's the best focus setting? Auto/Semi-Auto/Manual.
The default when selecting road profile is semi-auto, but I'm noticing the cameras are springing out of focus, then jumping back to focus frequently.

Also there is a new detection setting option: Entrance/Exit, City Street, Alarm input

Was also linked to this document with the latest firmware version.
https://www.hikvision.com/ueditor/net/upload/2018-03-13/cc6a32e6-4b4e-4185-8294-e3763f2bfbc8.pdf

Last edited:
Hello all !

I have been walking through the comments looking for privacy concerns from users but i couldn't find anything, so here i am asking, Is it possible to hash "anonymize" the number plates of the cars detected by the camera ?

Is there a recommendation on camera settings?
I'm trying to understand what's the best focus setting? Auto/Semi-Auto/Manual.
The default when selecting road profile is semi-auto, but I'm noticing the cameras are springing out of focus, then jumping back to focus frequently.

Also there is a new detection setting option: Entrance/Exit, City Street, Alarm input

Was also linked to this document with the latest firmware version.
https://www.hikvision.com/ueditor/net/upload/2018-03-13/cc6a32e6-4b4e-4185-8294-e3763f2bfbc8.pdf
Manual focus is what you want, let it auto focus on a clear day then set it to manual, and forget it. I also experienced the camera going out of focus during the night because there isn't enough detail for it to focus on.

I am not sure for the UK but for the majority of EU countries it is

Hello,
I have a HIK Darkfighter with ANPR software. I put an SD card in it. I have respected all the steps but.. when i download pictures or xls files from "playback" menu to my computer hard disk, it's impossible to find and see all those files! I got no error message and i can see they are presents because when i go back in the "playback" menu and make this download again with selected the same folder, i can the see that they are here. But when i return in this folder, i see nothing.... I tried many things: see all the hidden files etc....
If someone could help me.. :)
Thanks

PS: I use Windows7 on ASUS computer

Are you using Internet Explorer to navigate the camera's playback?
Try running it as an administrator - this may enable it to create files on your PC.
Other internet security options may also interfere with operation on Windows7 e.g. set the camera's IP address as a trusted website.

Hello Phil,

Perfect!!! It works when opening internet explorer as administrator.

Thank you very much!

Ben

Good afternoon all. What current HikVision camera supports local stand-alone ANPR as described in this article? This camera DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS is mentioned in the original article. Would it still be a good/economic choice for ANPR without using a local NVR or server PC?

I understand that DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS will upload to FTP images of non-whitelisted plates, but does it also upload images of non-detected plates, or better still, whole images of the non-detected vehicle?
Thanks again for your help.

Whats the process for configuring the camera to open an electric gate?

You can configure the camera to compare plates to a whitelist, and if it matches close an output (on the camera).
You'll need a memory card installed, if you use a camera only.

An NVR can achieve the same, provided you select a model that has alarm I/O.

We're using a Hik DS-2CD4A25FWD-IZS and having trouble every time there is a power outage in that the zoom resets to fully zoomed out - where we really need it zoomed in to read the plates. Haven't had this with our other cams.
Any idea how to get the cam to default to zoomed in?
Thanks

We're using a Hik DS-2CD4A25FWD-IZS and having trouble every time there is a power outage in that the zoom resets to fully zoomed out - where we really need it zoomed in to read the plates. Haven't had this with our other cams.
Any idea how to get the cam to default to zoomed in?
Thanks

This is not something we have seen before, we had a power cut at our office over the weekend and we have a newer 4A26 ANPR camera setup, it was zoomed in before the power cut with no special settings enabled to lock it in place, the power cycled over the weekend and the camera was still zoomed to the same distance it had been before. My only thought would be that this is just a unique bug of the older 4A25 model and as far as I am aware there is no way to lock the zoom in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back