01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How-to: How do I set up Hikvision's EZVIZ service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieran

Knows a LOT of stuff
Trusted Member
How to set up Hikvision's EZVIZ service
Please see our Hikvision Tutorial Megathread for further help with Hikvision systems.

We are asked occasionally about a service Hikvision provide that is rapidly growing called EZVIZ so we wanted to offer some clarity on both what it does and how to set it up to work with your Hikvision products.

In essence, EZVIZ is a cloud service option which allows you to link your cameras to an EZVIZ account and view, manage and watch recorded footage from anywhere, as well as receive alarm notifications from motion detection etc. You can read more about it on the Help section of their website.

Many will find that EZVIZ is strikingly similar to the existing DDNS service Hikvision offered called HiDDNS, and whilst that may seem accurate, there are some important differences.

For example, EZVIZ doesn't provide a static URL to your camera's potentially-changing IP address. Instead, it provides a video stream tied a user account, as well as rudimentary configuration options and playback from an NVR. It is more of a tidy viewing platform as opposed to a DDNS service, but does serve a similar function.

Whilst it is still early days for EZVIZ, it is seeing rapid development as an established and appealing service.

You can purchase the full range of Hikvision cameras on our webshop which support EZVIZ

EZVIZ has proven to be a popular feature, and is present on most Hikvision cameras. I'd recommend you investigate the Hikvision 4MP R6 series of cameras which all support EZVIZ

First of all, login to your Hikvision camera via a web browser using its LAN IP and navigate to Configuration > Advanced Configuration > Network > TCP/IP tab. Ensure that you have set a correct Preferred DNS Server. Failure to do so will mean that EZVIZ will not work correctly. We like to recommend Google's DNS server of 8.8.8.8

There's no harm in adding Google's secondary DNS server 8.8.4.4 in the Alternate field below, too.

7MlajUt.jpg

Next, navigate to the Platform Access tab. Ensure that the Enable option is ticked and that the Access Type is set as EZVIZ Cloud P2P and hit Save.

As of Q1 2016, EZVIZ Cloud P2P is being renamed to Hik Cloud P2P within Hikvision's camera / NVR / iVMS 4200 configuration options. Other than the name, nothing else has been changed regarding EZVIZ functionality.

Now, navigate to the EZVIZ website, https://www.ezvizlife.com/ and register an account if you don't already have one. Once you've registered, log in and you should be greeted with a page similar to the below - it will probably look a little different as we already have some cameras connected to our system.

If you forget your EZVIZ account password, please click the "Forgot the Password?" prompt when trying to login via a web browser to begin the reset process.

Click on the System Management tab indicated in the below image.

You'll be taken to a page listing all of your connected devices. To add a new camera or NVR, click the Quick Adding button.

EZVIZ will then scan the network which you are currently connected to for any Hikvision devices and display them. Should the camera you want to add appear, you simply need to click the large + button to begin adding it to your EZVIZ account.

Otherwise, you'll have to add it manually by clicking the Add by Serial No. tab and inputting the serial number of the camera. This can be found using SADP to display it, by navigating to the System Information tab within the camera's web access or by reading the label attached to the camera.

Once you've done this, the following window will appear asking you for a device verification code. On more recently manufactured models of Hikvision cameras, this can be found on the label stuck to the camera which you'd enter in the field shown. However, most existing cameras were not manufactured with a verification code on the label, in which case you'd need to input the default code of ABCDEF.

Once this has been done, you will be asked to change the device password for security purposes.

7HKAQU8.jpg

KiFNNU5.jpg

NOTE: If you remove a device from your EZVIZ account and then wish to add it back again, please be aware that the verification code will have been changed to the password you set in the step above.

If successful, a new window should appear after a short delay, informing you that it has been added and giving you the option of changing the device name if you wish.

Uh6EWym.jpg

The camera or NVR should now be visible in System Management, allowing you to edit some settings such as alarm notifications.

Navigate to the Gallery tab and then the Live View tab and you should be greeted with the camera you just added. Hovering over it and clicking it will take you to the live view of your camera.

From here, you can view the live footage, switch the video quality between three different presets to suit any network limitations (Basic, Fluent, Hi-Def), view multiple cameras and also playback recorded footage if an NVR has been added or the camera has an SD card contained.

That's it, you're done! The camera will remain connected to your EZVIZ account as long as you allow it, without having to forward any ports.

If you do need greater access to your Hikvision device's configuration settings externally, please refer to our guide on how to set up HiDDNS
If you need any further information or advice on the set up of EZVIZ, please feel free to reply to this thread.

We've had a few questions regarding where to download EZVIZ software from to use with a PC, so I deemed it necessary to clarify that EZVIZ is not a downloadable software. It's a cloud-based web service that operates within a web browser - all you'd need to download is the necessary web plugin when prompted to do so by your browser.

For iOS and Android mobile users, you can download the EZVIZ app from your respective app store for free.

Many customers of ours are perhaps confusing EZVIZ with iVMS 4200 which is Hikvision's free VMS software. EZVIZ by comparison offers a simple cloud-based viewing platform via a web browser with limited configuration options.

Most Hikvision cameras should be compatible with both EZVIZ and iVMS 4200.
Currently I'd recommend the Hikvision 4MP R6 series which you can purchase from our webshop.

In later firmware versions of their devices, Hikvision have renamed EZVIZ Cloud P2P to Hik Cloud P2P. This can be seen in Hikvision cameras, NVRs and in the latest versions of iVMS 4200 (v2.5.0.5)

Do not worry, it's simply a change in name possibly to make it clear that EZVIZ is a service owned by Hikvision rather than a third party. EZVIZ functionality still remains the same, and the process of connecting a camera to your EZVIZ account is also the same. Instead of ensuring that EZVIZ Cloud P2P is enabled within your device, instead ensure that Hik Cloud P2P is enabled and then proceed as per the above guide.

Please help. I'm trying to set up EZVIZ to work with my Hikvision cam and NVR. However when trying to add the cam I get no device is detected?. The cam and nvr are online but even a search via the serial number I get device is not connected to the service, please try again?
Do you have any suggestions?
thanks Paul.

Hi Paul

Can you confirm that the NVR and camera both have an appropriate Default Gateway and DNS server set in their network configuration options? The Default Gateway will need to be the same IP address as your router, and the DNS server can be set to 8.8.8.8

If they both show that EZVIZ / Hik Cloud P2P status is online (Network > Advanced > Platform Access via a web browser) then it's likely to be caused by an incorrect default gateway.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Thanks kieran for the reply. I did change the preferred DNS to the Google ones however unsure how to change the gateway. I've attached a couple screenshots that might make things a little clearer.

You'd change the default gateway as you would any of the other fields - just change what's in there and hit save ;)

Are you certain that 192.168.0.1 is the LAN IP of your router?

My Sky router is connected to my AirPort Extreme as the supplied router by sky is appalling. 192.168.0.1 takes me to my sky router homepage while 192.168.0.16 is my AirPort Extreme hub.

In that case you've got the right default gateway set.

Just to check, are you trying to add a camera to EZVIZ or an NVR? Is the camera connected directly to the POE ports on the back of the NVR?

Hi! Help me please!
I can't add my camera. What's problem!?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    109.4 KB · Views: 3,683
If you've previously added that camera to another EZVIZ account, you will need to remove it first before being able to add it to a new account.

Otherwise, if you haven't added this camera yourself, then you will need to get in contact with Hikvision and request that they remove it from the other account first. It might also be wise to not publicly display your camera's serial number to stop this happening again.
http://www.hikvision.com/en/contacthikvision_62.html

Great info here on Ezwiz. I have 2 DVR's located in different locations....one for home and the other for a business. Can I add both DVR's to the same Ezwiz account so that I can view all my cameras at home and business at the same time in the Ezwiz app? If so, what are the steps? Thank you.

Yes, that's fine, provided both locations allow the DVRs to access the internet and each DVR has ezviz access enabled in its configuration options.
The process is just the same as adding any device, covered in the OP. Simply add the second DVRs serial number to your ezviz account and ensure you know its verification code. Afterwards, you'll be able to view both via the app.

Yes, that's fine, provided both locations allow the DVRs to access the internet and each DVR has ezviz access enabled in its configuration options.
The process is just the same as adding any device, covered in the OP. Simply add the second DVRs serial number to your ezviz account and ensure you know its verification code. Afterwards, you'll be able to view both via the app.
Thanks for the reply. Can another user (like my wife) with their own Ezviz account also view these same cameras by following the proper steps? I assume she would use the same verification code? Maybe the DVR's can be linked to only one account at a time?

Last edited:
I have been using EZVIZ for a few weeks all working really well except I don't seem to get any sound from my DS-2CD2542FWD-IS. The sound works fine if I connect on the LAN IP (both in iVMS on my iPhone) is this supposed to work or a limitation of EZVIZ?

Thanks for the reply. Can another user (like my wife) with their own Ezviz account also view these same cameras by following the proper steps? I assume she would use the same verification code? Maybe the DVR's can be linked to only one account at a time?
Each device can only be linked to one account at a time. If you share with her your ezviz login details, then you can both share the same account, but otherwise you would not be able to add the DVR to a second account.

I have been using EZVIZ for a few weeks all working really well except I don't seem to get any sound from my DS-2CD2542FWD-IS. The sound works fine if I connect on the LAN IP (both in iVMS on my iPhone) is this supposed to work or a limitation of EZVIZ?
This is supposed to work. I've just tested with a DS-2CD2542FWD-IS on our demo system and can hear audio from the camera's built-in microphone when using EZVIZ via both a web browser and the EZVIZ app. Audio is quite quiet compared to other Hikvision viewing platforms though.

How are you currently accessing EZVIZ? Forgive me, but are you absolutely certain you're getting audio when accessing your camera on the LAN via a web browser, iVMS 4200 etc,?

I have setup the service as suggested and have successfully viewed my camera feeds remotely using the ezvizlife website and iphone application.
However the feeds are awfully flaky. More often than not when I check the cameras are 'offline'. I am making no changes to the configuration so that can't be the issue. My internet speeds are not the best but they are adequate and surely would only affect the picture FPS, not whether the cameras are 'online or offline'. Is this therefore just general poor performance from EZVIZ servers?
Does anyone else experience intermittent streaming like this? Should we expect better given it is a 'free' service? Any fixes? thanks

This is supposed to work. I've just tested with a DS-2CD2542FWD-IS on our demo system and can hear audio from the camera's built-in microphone when using EZVIZ via both a web browser and the EZVIZ app. Audio is quite quiet compared to other Hikvision viewing platforms though.

How are you currently accessing EZVIZ? Forgive me, but are you absolutely certain you're getting audio when accessing your camera on the LAN via a web browser, iVMS 4200 etc,?

I've attached some screenshots to show what I mean. All are from iVMS 4500 on my iPhone.

FullSizeRender (3).jpg

This image is when I view the camera on the LAN.

FullSizeRender (4).jpg

This image is when I view the camera on the LAN. I have to select the microphone icon to hear the audio from the camera. That icon is greyed out on the EZVIZ feed.

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

This image is when I view the camera from the EZVIZ service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back