01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How-to: How do I set up Hikvision's EZVIZ service?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to get EZVIZ for my 4 Hikvision DS-2CD2142FWD-I cams working on my Hik-Connect Android app I don't succeed.
My Hikvision cams configuration settings are OK = enabled and saved.
I've made an Hik cloud p2p account and verified it.
My cams are found trough the app by scanning, only thing is the verification code.
It's not on the boxes nor in the boxes so I tried the ABCDEF universal code.
But this is a wrong code as is stated.
My ip cams are visible.
Please advise me.

It will be printed on the white label on the camera itself too - can you check there?
Otherwise, if there's nothing there, try your camera's admin password.

Thanks for your swift reply Kieran.
Well I've found one on the location you've pointed out.
But this cam is at hand whilst it is on the brink of being installed outside.
My other cams are already in place and has to be dismounted etc. to obtain the device verification mode.
Can Hikvision send me these codes when I email them the various SN?

I can't say whether they can or not I'm afraid - you can give them a shot at support.uk@hikvision.com

Alternatively, you can use a tool called PuTTY to display the verification code, via the method below. A word of warning, PuTTY is a very capable but sharp tool, so do be careful if you're not certain on what you're doing, at risk of damaging your camera.

1. Enable SSH on the camera itself by connecting to its LAN IP address and navigating to Configuration > System > Security > Security Service
  2. Download PuTTY from their website
  3. Install and run PuTTY
  4. Enter the IP address of your camera in the Host Name field, under the Session tab. Port should be left default at 22
  5. A command prompt window will appear. Enter the username of your camera, and then the password (password characters aren’t displayed by default, so just type the password and hit enter)
  6. Enter the command showKey
  7. The challenge code displayed is your camera’s verification code with EZVIZ

Thanks Kieran for your instructions.
I couldn't access the cam per your instructions.
I executed PuTTy as administrator on my Windows 10 machine with no results whatsoever.
I get a connection time-out.
One of my cams was added to EZVIZ service by scanning the QR code on the backside of it.
It worked like a charm. Once I has been recovered I'll go up the ladder again and dismount the cams one by one in order to add them to the Hik-connect app.
In the meantime I've addressed Hikvision by email as you suggested.
I'll wait and see.
Have a nice weekend.

Hi!
I'm trying to set up a CCTV system with 1 NVR and 4 cameras, all from Hikvision.
In order to access from outside the LAN, should I use EZVIZ or iVMS/HiDDNS?
What are the main differences?
Thank you.

Hello, i had a project installing nvr in Indonesia. It worked well. I used cloud p2p because the internet provider did not give out public ip.

I was able to see the nvr from any city in indonesia, even from malaysia, a neighboring country. I use iVMS-4500 on my iphone.

But strange thing happened when i was in Prague, and in Australia. I was not able to see the nvr.

Other projects using dahua cloud p2p was ok. I can see from anywhere in the globe using iDmss plus.

Can anyone shed a light?

Hi!
I'm trying to set up a CCTV system with 1 NVR and 4 cameras, all from Hikvision.
In order to access from outside the LAN, should I use EZVIZ or iVMS/HiDDNS?
What are the main differences?
Thank you.
Use ezviz if your internet provider gives out private ip (192.168.x.x when u do ipconfig) and use hiddns if it gives out public ip

I've been using either app for long time no issues but yesterday on 2 android devices I'm now asked to enter an account verification code ( 4 figure code ) and it will not accept. You can refresh the picture to get a new code but keeps saying incorrect , I've tried upper and lower case to no avail ! ?????

I've been using either app for long time no issues but yesterday on 2 android devices I'm now asked to enter an account verification code ( 4 figure code ) and it will not accept. You can refresh the picture to get a new code but keeps saying incorrect , I've tried upper and lower case to no avail ! ?????
Did you try to remove the two devices
Did you try to login on ezvizlife.com in Explorer and try it there? And just to be sure: you aren't mixing up verfication code of the camera with the code voor the EVIZ account itself? (Because via the app you can only type the first one....)

No I didnt try to remove them I hadn't made any changes . strangely trying 10-12 attempts at the 4 figure verification it finely accepted but again today after 6 hours of working its gone back to enter verification.!
Screen grab below and I'm accessing a NVR not camera directly

Last edited:
Screenshot_2017-01-17-20-27-33.png

Hi, great forum here. I'd like to know if it is possible to setup both the EZVIZ and the iVMS apps for use on my iphone or do I have to choose only one. I have configured my Hik DVR for EZVIZ and it works fine, but it would be great to be able to remotely switch if possible without having to go into the DVR and reconfigure since I am at another location.

Hi, great forum here. I'd like to know if it is possible to setup both the EZVIZ and the iVMS apps for use on my iphone or do I have to choose only one. I have configured my Hik DVR for EZVIZ and it works fine, but it would be great to be able to remotely switch if possible without having to go into the DVR and reconfigure since I am at another location.
You can sign in to your Hik-connect / EZVIZ account within iVMS 4500 by opening the Menu and tapping Cloud P2P.

This way you wouldn't have to switch apps.

Hi,
I have a problem with Ezviz running on my Android devices. (Samsung S6, Galaxy Tab 10) I have 3 hikvision dome camera's +nvr. They are all visible in Ezviz. I can see the live view and I get an alarm when motion is detected. But when I get an alarm message, I can not see the snapshot or play the video. I only see the icon of an alarmbell. On my Ipad, with every alarm I can see a picture and choose to play the recorded video.

Is it an Android- ezviz problem? Or am I missing something?
Is there a solution?

With regards, PJ

Hi,
I have a problem with Ezviz running on my Android devices. (Samsung S6, Galaxy Tab 10) I have 3 hikvision dome camera's +nvr. They are all visible in Ezviz. I can see the live view and I get an alarm when motion is detected. But when I get an alarm message, I can not see the snapshot or play the video. I only see the icon of an alarmbell. On my Ipad, with every alarm I can see a picture and choose to play the recorded video.

Is it an Android- ezviz problem? Or am I missing something?
Is there a solution?
Do you have the 4MP cameras? The v5.4.4 firmware release fixed issues with alarm notifications received via iVMS 4500 from these cameras - you might want to give this a try to see if it resolves your issue.

Hi Kieran,

Thanks for your reply. The camera's are hikvision DS-2CD2110F-I(W) (European) and all three have different kind of firmware allthough I have bought them at the same time last december .But this camera can off course have the same issue you have mentioned.

I looked at the European Hikvision site for updates, but it said there that you should update without skipping any release in between. Since its not very clear which releases I then have to download (and at least 1 of the camera's seems up to date) and the fact that I have read threads about camera's not working anymore after an update (let alone after several updates?) I dont dare to update.

So I was hoping that it was an EZViZ problem to be fixed. Considering your answer: I guess not. And considering the latest firmware on 1 of them: not fixable for now? :-(.

Thanks for all the other threads you posted. Helped a lot in setting up the camera's and NVR.

I face the same problem with leecavturbo. From android devices with ezviz application ask me for verification code and i type the code of the figure correctly but it doesn't accept it many times continuously and appears the message "incorrect verification code, please input the correct verification code". Have you any ideas? Is a problem of my account?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back