01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How-to: How do I set up 'Rotate Mode' on my Hikvision IP camera for the best picture in narrow scenes?

Hi @RexTheRunt

Could you send a screenshot of how your picture on the camera looks currently, with it rotated entirely?
(Block out anything you like, it's just to get a general idea of what you're seeing / am not misunderstanding anything.)
If you have physically rotated the camera by 90 degrees, then you've effectively done half of what you need to rotate the field of view and also correctly orientate the image.

So, I believe that enabling rotate mode will resolve the live view issue and also correctly rotate your recordings.
When I last checked the Acusense / Colorvu cameras, rotate mode only disabled and removed the smart event options, but motion detection should still work normally.

If you enable virtual host on the NVR, you will be able to log directly into the camera, which is where you can access the rotate mode menu and advanced image settings shown above :)
Thanks so much for the speedy response Kyle. I'm going to go into my VM to access the Windows browser (I'm on a Mac). I've created virtual hosts for the cams so I know I can get to the camera settings directly (took me and David a few days to get this right so I could access the advanced audio settings).

Unfortunately, no such settings found. . This is all there is under Video Adjustment.
I have checked my firmware versions and they are up to date.

Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 15.50.13.png

Hi @RexTheRunt

Are you seeing this after you switched the camera into Monitoring mode under the VCA Resource menu?

If you are in Monitoring mode and still not seeing the rotate option, can you please confirm the firmware version the camera is currently using?

Hi @RexTheRunt

Are you seeing this after you switched the camera into Monitoring mode under the VCA Resource menu?

If you are in Monitoring mode and still not seeing the rotate option, can you please confirm the firmware version the camera is currently using?
Oh no! I didn't read the instructions properly and I'm thoroughly embarrassed.
Thanks for your insight and patience Kyle. I've rotated the image and now I'm upside down...
At least I know not to turn the monitor sideways

FIY: Rotating the lens was incredibly simple on the DS-2CD2147G2-SU. No locking screw, and the whole thing swivels very easily in about 5 degree increments.

Reactions: Dan
Is there a thread which might explain how to view the rotated (portrait) live feed correctly in the Hik-connect app?
I've got it displayed perfectly on the monitor connected to the NVR and in ivms-4200.
In the web interface of the individual cameras the proportion is correct.
The saved footage and images are correctly proportioned.

However, in both the NVR's web interface and Hik-Connect app the live views are stretched so radically that it's difficult to make out detail, and hard to draw areas for motion detection.

Am I missing something simple?

PS. I realise I owe your entire team multiple rounds of coffee for all the time and help you've given me. Is there a way I can contribute somehow?

Back