01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How-to: How do I update HikVision Firmware in just nine simple steps? - updated 17th November 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Dan, your help is much appreciated. I am getting "upgrading failed" while using the webbrowser interface.

Dan, I managed to change the firmware to 3.4.104 using iVMS-4200.

Now I am getting "No plugin-in detected" in Live View and Playback on my MacBookPro. I have reinstalled the WebVideoPlugin 3.0.6.23

The upgrade function now doesn't work on the DVR as well as on Cameras though Virtual Host

The K-series NVRs do not support the 'no plug-in' update that was given to the latest I-series NVRs and so with a Mac browser access is limited and you may have to install an older 3rd-party browser like SeaMonkey that still runs the old NPAPI plugin that the K-series NVRs use. You should still have full access via iVMS-4200 and a direct monitor, and as another option, you can update the firmware of the cameras using iVMS-4200. Go to Device Management > Group > Select a camera > Remote Configuration > System > System Maintenance > select a file and upgrade.

Thanks Dan

I'm slightly splitting hairs but it is the firmware that doesn't support the the "no plug-in" update becuase when I had the wrong firmware installed I did not get the error, I got a picture.

Changing the firmware has not resolved the upgrade issue, it made it worse becuase now I can't upgrade the NVR firmware through the web browesr. It also made it worse becuase I now have the "no plugin" error. However, I'm not going to reinstall the wrong firmware again though ......... law of ininteded circumstances. I will just have to manage with a old Windows laptop.

All my cameras have already got up to date firmware, I had already used iVMS-4200 as you suggest.

Thank you

Hello everybody, how can I know wich is the right firmware? It's absolutely confusing and don't wanna do mistakes.
My Dvr is DS-7204HQHI-K1 running V3.5.3.5 build 180316, should I sort the firmware by version or build?
Thanks a lot

Hi @gilez

It is tricky to identify the correct firmware but I have checked with the Hikvision firmware chart and they put your DVR under this firmware family - DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL - and the latest version is v4.20.100

Hi @Dan

really thank you for your help, I just downloaded the new version and installed, everything went like a charm.

Hi Dan

Bit of a favour :( Trying to find firmware for my NVR which is about 2 years old - ds-7108ni-sn/p
I'm guessing its super old

Hi Dan

Bit of a favour :( Trying to find firmware for my NVR which is about 2 years old - ds-7108ni-sn/p
I'm guessing its super old

It's now listed as a 'phased out' model so this v3.0.21 firmware will likely be the most recent and last firmware update for this NVR model.

Hi Dan,

Can you help me? I find it a daunting task trying to keep my system safe. I have an NVR DS-7604NI-K1/4P. It was originally Version V3.4.82 but I notice from my iVMS-4200 Device Information that the Firmware version no. is now V3.4.96 build 170921, so it looks like I must have successfully updated it but I can't remember how. If I press the "Update button on the Device Information page it tells me that there is no update available. Can I believe this. My system is only turned on when I go on holiday. I've just turned it on to test for updates but I keep getting an annoying brief pop-up with a complex error code with wording something like " Connection to device failed. The device is offline or the network is timed out" However, Main View shows the view from both my cameras and they are detecting motion. I realise I've strayed into another question. My prime concern is "Is my NVR recorder up to date?"

Hi Dan,

Can you help me? I find it a daunting task trying to keep my system safe. I have an NVR DS-7604NI-K1/4P. It was originally Version V3.4.82 but I notice from my iVMS-4200 Device Information that the Firmware version no. is now V3.4.96 build 170921, so it looks like I must have successfully updated it but I can't remember how. If I press the "Update button on the Device Information page it tells me that there is no update available. Can I believe this. My system is only turned on when I go on holiday. I've just turned it on to test for updates but I keep getting an annoying brief pop-up with a complex error code with wording something like " Connection to device failed. The device is offline or the network is timed out" However, Main View shows the view from both my cameras and they are detecting motion. I realise I've strayed into another question. My prime concern is "Is my NVR recorder up to date?"

Keeping track of the firmware can be confusing, the update button in the Hikvision software has not worked correctly for a long time and we have asked Hikvision to fix it or remove it multiple times. The firmware version you are on is a couple of versions old, the current version v3.4.103

Please update to this version and if you are still having problems with the error messages let us know.

Keeping track of the firmware can be confusing, the update button in the Hikvision software has not worked correctly for a long time and we have asked Hikvision to fix it or remove it multiple times. The firmware version you are on is a couple of versions old, the current version v3.4.103

Please update to this version and if you are still having problems with the error messages let us know.
Hi Dan,
I downloaded the file which was labelled "digicap 3.dav". I tried to open the file on my iMac (OS 10.13.6 High Sierra) but the format wasn't recognised. I seemed to remember having this issue before. I transferred the download file directly to a USB stick and inserted the stick in the back of the NVR because I seemed to remember having to do something like this before. I then accessed the NVR and on its attached monitor screen (an old TV) I accessed "System Maintenance", then "Upgrade" and got the message displayed "Upgrading failed. Firmware mismatch" Any ideas what I should try next?

You don't need to open the 'digicap' file, once you unzip the downloaded file then you should be able to go to remote configuration iVMS-4200 and go to the Maintenance page and load the digicap file, we would try this before trying the next thing. Sometimes there can be an issue with jumping several firmware versions, If updating through iVMS-4200 doesn't work I would try downloading an earlier firmware version, update to that and then to the latest version.

v3.4.101

You don't need to open the 'digicap' file, once you unzip the downloaded file then you should be able to go to remote configuration iVMS-4200 and go to the Maintenance page and load the digicap file, we would try this before trying the next thing. Sometimes there can be an issue with jumping several firmware versions, If updating through iVMS-4200 doesn't work I would try downloading an earlier firmware version, update to that and then to the latest version.

v3.4.101
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Dan. I have now managed to upgrade my NVR to the current version 3.4.103.Build 181226. I managed this through the iVMS-4200 Application. The pathway was Device Management: (Select NVR); Remote Configuration: Upgrade. The weird thing is that I'm pretty sure the file I chose from the desktop of my iMac had the ending ...STD_V3.4.82_160810.zip which looks like it is an old file from a year or so ago. Would this automatically "look for" the current version? Anyway, I'm only too pleased that I now have an embedded NVR with version V3.4.103 without really understanding how I did it. You may note that this is a version that seems to supersede the version you suggested was current. i.e. I have V.3.4.103 rather than V3.4.101.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back