01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect How to disable acusense alarms from HikConnect App?

Mjk

I have some acusense cameras set up at my place with a K series NVR.

I also downloaded the Hik-Connect app using the QR from the NVR.

But I can’t do control the acusense alarms ( the strobe light and audible warning) from the Hik-Connect app. I am using version v4.19.0

Is it something to do with the NVR ? Based on the NVR does the app functionality changes ?

Can someone guide me on how to manage the acusense alarms from the app

I have some acusense cameras set up at my place with a K series NVR.

I also downloaded the Hik-Connect app using the QR from the NVR.

But I can’t do control the acusense alarms ( the strobe light and audible warning) from the Hik-Connect app. I am using version v4.19.0

Is it something to do with the NVR ? Based on the NVR does the app functionality changes ?

Can someone guide me on how to manage the acusense alarms from the app
So when you say you can't control them, do you mean you can't receive them at all or can't enable/disable them?

If it's the former, is your NVR connected to Hik Connect under Platform Access in the settings menu? Alarms will only push to devices if your NVR is connected to your Hik Connect account and you are logged into the app with the same account. They don't work if your connecting to the alarm via IP address or your own Dynamic DNS address.

Hi @Mjk

I still don't think it is possible to turn the strobe light and audible warning on/off via the app, as functionality from it is limited.

You should be able to manually trigger the audible warning by connecting directly to the camera in a web browser, but that's about it. Do this by going to:

Configuration >> Event >> Basic Event >>Audible Alarm Output >> Test

Apart from this, they can only be activated when they're set a linkage method for one of the detection events, so they are triggered during event periods.

Hi @Mjk

I still don't think it is possible to turn the strobe light and audible warning on/off via the app, as functionality from it is limited.

You should be able to manually trigger the audible warning by connecting directly to the camera in a web browser, but that's about it. Do this by going to:

Configuration >> Event >> Basic Event >>Audible Alarm Output >> Test

Apart from this, they can only be activated when they're set a linkage method for one of the detection events, so they are triggered during event periods.

There are options to disable/enable. You can set either "Receive events and push notifications, and allow audio and strobe light alarms" or "Receive events but NOT push notifications, and Not allow audio and strobe lights alarms"

On the latest camera firmware you can also Manually trigger the siren and/or the light using the additional icons on the app that appear when you select a compatible camera (ISU/SL or LSU, SL)

All of the above is only true if the connection method is HikConnect and not IP/Domain.

There are options to disable/enable. You can set either "Receive events and push notifications, and allow audio and strobe light alarms" or "Receive events but NOT push notifications, and Not allow audio and strobe lights alarms"

On the latest camera firmware you can also Manually trigger the siren and/or the light using the additional icons on the app that appear when you select a compatible camera (ISU/SL or LSU, SL)

All of the above is only true if the connection method is HikConnect and not IP/Domain.

I have the Notification setting set as "Receive events and push notifications, and allow audio and strobe light alarms" in the App. But I am not sure what it does

Is there any way -

1. To Schedule the warning siren and strobe lights from the app ?

2. If a false alarm is triggered, can I put it off from the app ?

I didn’t find anything yet to suggest we can do the above , but would love to be corrected otherwise

I have the Notification setting set as "Receive events and push notifications, and allow audio and strobe light alarms" in the App. But I am not sure what it does

Is there any way -

1. To Schedule the warning siren and strobe lights from the app ?

2. If a false alarm is triggered, can I put it off from the app ?

I didn’t find anything yet to suggest we can do the above , but would love to be corrected otherwise
So for the two options in the app that I mentioned.

The first "Receive events and push notifications and allow audio....." With that selected if an event triggers, you will get a push notification to your phone even if the app is not running, the event will be viewable in the app and if you have ISU/SL or LSU/SL cameras with speaker and strobe light, if setup those actions will occur on the camera.

The second "Receive events but NOT push and NOT audio...." With that selected if an event triggers , you won't get a push notification to your phone but if you open the app and select events it will be there to view and if your cameras are compatible and configured the audio actions will not occur.

To answer your 2 questions:

1 - No you can't schedule the those from the app - the schedules are set in the NVR (or the camera if it is standalone). All you can schedule is the push notifications, so you get them at one time of day but not another

2 - Not sure what you're trying to do there. If you mean cancel the audio alarm at the camera, then no. I imagine by the time you get the push notification and check whether the alarm is genuine the action would already have completed.

I have some 2386G2 cameras and I'd love to have the option to trigger the siren via app...

Is there a firmware update that supports this feature? Do I need to update my Camera FW or NVR FW, or both to get this feature?

Edit: i'm on V5.5.131 build 200220 - though nervous any new updates will remove the LED light to trigger on event.

Last edited:
I have some 2386G2 cameras and I'd love to have the option to trigger the siren via app...

Is there a firmware update that supports this feature? Do I need to update my Camera FW or NVR FW, or both to get this feature?

Edit: i'm on V5.5.131 build 200220 - though nervous any new updates will remove the LED light to trigger on event.
Only the models ending ISU/SL or LSU/SL have the siren and strobe light so you would need to confirm the full model number of your camera.

ISU/SL or LSU/SL. If you have one of those models, the option is in HikConnect while you're viewing the camera. However the icon will only be available if you're connected via the HikConnect service (it won't work if you've connected using IP address). There would be no harm updating the firmware - you can't lose the option to trigger the strobe light on event as it's a core feature of the ISU/SL and LSU/SL models.

I, IU, L, LU. If you have one of those models you don't have a siren or strobe light on the camera to trigger.

I have the ISU/SL (G3) - both strobe light and active deterrent and connected using the HikConnect app.

Do I update the firmware of the NVR (iSeries) or the camera?

Only the models ending ISU/SL or LSU/SL have the siren and strobe light so you would need to confirm the full model number of your camera.

ISU/SL or LSU/SL. If you have one of those models, the option is in HikConnect while you're viewing the camera. However the icon will only be available if you're connected via the HikConnect service (it won't work if you've connected using IP address). There would be no harm updating the firmware - you can't lose the option to trigger the strobe light on event as it's a core feature of the ISU/SL and LSU/SL models.

I, IU, L, LU. If you have one of those models you don't have a siren or strobe light on the camera to trigger.

I have the ISU/SL (G3) - both strobe light and active deterrent and connected using the HikConnect app.

Do I update the firmware of the NVR (iSeries) or the camera?
I would update the NVR and the cameras. I’m not entirely sure which needs to be updated to add that feature, but it’s preferable to have everything on the latest version. When you view a compatible camera full screen in Hik-Connect, two additional icons appear on the toolbar to activate the strobe and siren. It’s not necessary to amend any settings to enable it.

Hi All

I am using hik connect on an Android phone. I wanted to be able to manually trigger the siren/strobe

I have just tried the firmware update, for cameras and NVR.
Now, I can't arm the system (away, stay, home etc). Pressing the bell icon just turns notification on/off. So it can't arm the smart events. I also can't open the "area' or individual cameras.

Now there is is a bell icon when using live view, to manualy trigger the alarm, but it doesn't work, and openes up another menu.

More details in attached images. Stopped updating the cameras firmwarw when I ran into the problems.

This is a link to screen recording.

I have got this model camera.
Model: DS_2CD2386G2_ISU_SL_C
Firmware at installation: v5.7.1 build 221009
Updated firmware to: v5.7.3 build 220112

Currently connected to NVR which is
Model: DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P
Firmware at installation: v4.40.010 build 210907
Firmware updated to: v4.40.017 build 220126

I also note there has been a recent app update, but I believe that I updated the app prior to any of these issues.

Does anyone have a screenshot screen record of video of what this should be like?

Another issue is there's no audio on playback. It works on live view. I have audio and video selected in settings.

Any help much appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220303-202237_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220303-202237_Gallery.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 155
  • Screenshot_20220303-202003_Office.jpg
    Screenshot_20220303-202003_Office.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 143
  • Screenshot_20220303-201928_Office.jpg
    Screenshot_20220303-201928_Office.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 148
  • Screenshot_20220303-201858_Office.jpg
    Screenshot_20220303-201858_Office.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 126
  • Screenshot_20220303-201826_Office.jpg
    Screenshot_20220303-201826_Office.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 130
  • Screenshot_20220303-201758_Office.jpg
    Screenshot_20220303-201758_Office.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 168
  • Screenshot_20220303-201123_Hik-Connect.jpg
    Screenshot_20220303-201123_Hik-Connect.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Hi All

I am using hik connect on an Android phone. I wanted to be able to manually trigger the siren/strobe

I have just tried the firmware update, for cameras and NVR.
Now, I can't arm the system (away, stay, home etc). Pressing the bell icon just turns notification on/off. So it can't arm the smart events. I also can't open the "area' or individual cameras.

Now there is is a bell icon when using live view, to manualy trigger the alarm, but it doesn't work, and openes up another menu.

More details in attached images. Stopped updating the cameras firmwarw when I ran into the problems.

This is a link to screen recording.

I have got this model camera.
Model: DS_2CD2386G2_ISU_SL_C
Firmware at installation: v5.7.1 build 221009
Updated firmware to: v5.7.3 build 220112

Currently connected to NVR which is
Model: DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P
Firmware at installation: v4.40.010 build 210907
Firmware updated to: v4.40.017 build 220126

I also note there has been a recent app update, but I believe that I updated the app prior to any of these issues.

Does anyone have a screenshot screen record of video of what this should be like?

Another issue is there's no audio on playback. It works on live view. I have audio and video selected in settings.

Any help much appreciated.
That camera firmware is old (5.7.1) 5.7.3 is the latest version. Specifically there is an additional newer version of 5.7.3 on the portal which details a fix for the issue. Find it here:

Regarding the no audio on playback. Selecting “Video and Audio” only applies to the live stream. You need to set that for both the main and the sub stream. More importantly you need to tick the “record audio” option for each camera in settings > record schedule > advanced.

Last edited:
Hi.

Thank you

I have the audio working on playback now, there are many setting and some that you don't expect to almost double up.

I had updated one of the cameras to 5.7.3, but stopped when all the changes happened in hik-connect. I could update the other 3 cameras firmware?

Also, I am in Australia, so have downloaded from the AU portal.

I'm not sure if upgrading the firmware without all the versions in between has caused an issue? I just don't want to brick the equipment.

Hi.

Thank you

I have the audio working on playback now, there are many setting and some that you don't expect to almost double up.

I had updated one of the cameras to 5.7.3, but stopped when all the changes happened in hik-connect. I could update the other 3 cameras firmware?

Also, I am in Australia, so have downloaded from the AU portal.

I'm not sure if upgrading the firmware without all the versions in between has caused an issue? I just don't want to brick the equipment.
Yes the record audio option is often missed.

As you’re in Australia, I’d ensure that you only use firmware that’s available in your region. However, if you look at the link for the UK firmware I posted, you’ll see that there are two different build versions of the 5.7.3 firmware - the earlier one has been available for a few weeks now, while another version with its title appended “SP” appeared just a few days ago and that references a fix.

Oh awesome, thank you so much. Apologies for my ignorance

I will check the versions, there are heaps listed that all look the same.

Here Firmware , how would you decipher which is most recent?

Images attached

Attachments

• 1646380108146.png
    1646380108146.png
    463.3 KB · Views: 113
Hi.

An updated

I have upgraded firmware for all 4 cameras, to v5.7.3

I still can't arm the system, and am not sure that the manual alarm icon is doing anything. usually the top right "bell icon" opens the page where I choose the armed state (away, stay etc), and can go from there to more of the camera settings, like the flashing light.

See screen capture New video by Liam Burt

when in live view, and I click the "alarm" icon, and then toggle the "Alarm output 01", it actually actuates the relay in the NVR, so it's making the NVR output close circuit. - theoretically, I could use that and wire the NVR output to one of the NVR inputs, and then link that to the cameras light/sound. But this doesn't seem right either?

Last edited:
Hi.

An updated

I have upgraded firmware for all 4 cameras, to v5.7.3

I still can't arm the system, and am not sure that the manual alarm icon is doing anything. usually the top right "bell icon" opens the page where I choose the armed state (away, stay etc), and can go from there to more of the camera settings, like the flashing light.

See screen capture New video by Liam Burt

when in live view, and I click the "alarm" icon, and then toggle the "Alarm output 01", it actually actuates the relay in the NVR, so it's making the NVR output close circuit. - theoretically, I could use that and wire the NVR output to one of the NVR inputs, and then link that to the cameras light/sound. But this doesn't seem right either?
Just to clarify, the 2 manual alarm icons for sounder and light will just trigger them on the camera. That is, you see something suspicious maybe and can fire off the siren or flash the light. It’s manual and so disconnected from the alarms operation.

Your last statement regarding the alarm output is correct. That’s to manually trigger the NVR output. I use that to trigger some security lights.

Firmware builds. Usually any change results in a new dot revision, but occasionally, as in this case, a new revision of 5.7.3 was released to deal with the issues you’re seeing. The build is just yymmdd so the newer the better. It looks as though the newest “fixed” version has not filtered through to the AU site yet.

Hi.

Thanks.

Is there a 2nd manual alarm icon? What does that look like? I guess I am only seeing the 1 that does the nvr output. Hopefully that's due to the firmware.

So now, maybe best to contact hikvision support?

Any chance anyone has screenshots or screen recording of how it should look/behave. That could help convince hikvision to help.

See image, I only have the solid alarm bell icon, but also should the bell with lights also be showing.

Again, thanks for all your help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220305-015158_Hik-Connect.jpg
    Screenshot_20220305-015158_Hik-Connect.jpg
    387.4 KB · Views: 140
  • Screenshot_20220305-015125_Hik-Connect.jpg
    Screenshot_20220305-015125_Hik-Connect.jpg
    544.5 KB · Views: 130
Back