01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect How to do Process Query

Toto

At Present I have a system which is (DS-7608NI-K2/8P) the said system is running firmware of V4.30.60 Build 201228

The same system also got 4 IP Camera attached these are;
2x ==> DS-2CD2385G1-I running firmware of ( V5.6.5 build 200316 )
1x ==> DS-2CD2343G0-IU running firmware of ( V5.6.5 build 200316 )
1x ==> DS-2CD2346G2-IU running firmware of ( V5.5.150 build 200927 )

My Query is

1) If I wanted to reset my system back to fresh out of the box
which type of reset is appropriate from below?
a) Simple Restore
b) Factory Defaults
c) Restore to Inactive
could you also advise what I have to have before I start the reset process.

2) When they say the following in the system what do they mean;
a) Simple Restore
b) Factory Defaults
c) Restore to Inactive

3) Currently I have setup the system with many different passwords; if password forgotten and the system required to be reset I have the following saved;
a) Using email notification
b) By answering three questions, these where setup during my current password reset process
c) I have GUID file
d) I also have Mobile authentication
Do I need any other setup in case of disaster recover for password lost event?

4) At present I have 4 passwords for the above system; these are
NVR access User Password including Pattern
Camera Access Password
QR User name for the Encryption app
iOS App Login Password

All of the passwords above are different form one another, when I save the GUID file would this take the full password list including QR name?

5) In the current system if I login on the camera ( DS-2CD2346G2-IU ) and setup event I see People and Cars; but if I login the NVR and see under event of the same Camera I see People and Sedan and I know this is a US expression no one in EU or UK uses that; how could I change the region if that is the root cause of the issue? Or do you know what I need to do for the NVR to display Car?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm
So many questions in just 22mins here at the forum ...

Upvote 0
1) If I wanted to rest my system back to fresh out of the box
which type of rest is appropriate from below?
a) Simple Restore
b) Factory Defaults
c) Restore to Inactive
could you also advise what I have to have before I start the rest process.
Option B. You don't anything other than access to the cameras menu via a web browser.
2) When they say the following in the system what do they mean;
a) Simple Restore
b) Factory Defaults
c) Restore to Inactive
a - restores the settings but keeps the users, passwords and network settings (IP address etc)
b - fully resets to out of the box state (includes c)
c - just restores it to inactive so that settings are kept but new admin password has to be created at first access

3) Currently I have setup the system with many different passwords; if password forgotten and the system required to be rested I have the following saved;
a) Using email notification
b) By answering thee questions, these where setup during my current password reset process
c) I have GUID file
d) I also have Mobile authentication
Do I need any other setup in case of disaster recover for password lost event?

Dead simple - don't lose your password! You only need to use a) or c)

4) At present I have 4 passwords for the above system; these are
NVR access User Password including Pattern
Camera Access Password
QR User name for the Encryption app
iOS App Login Password

All of the passwords above are different form one another, when I save the GUID file would this take the full password list including QR name?
Sounds like you're making trouble for yourself and over complicating things. No - saving the GUID will only allow to reset the password for the single device you've exported it for. For example if you export the GUID for the NVR it'll allow you to reset the NVR password if lost. If you need the same for the cameras you'll need to export as GUID for each of the cameras. The last two won't be saved.

5) In the current system if I login on the camera ( DS-2CD2346G2-IU ) and setup event I see People and Cars; but if I login the NVR and see under event of the same Camera I see People and Sedan and I know this is a US expression no one in EU or UK uses that; how could I change the region if that is the root cause of the issue? Or do you know what I need to do for the NVR to display Car?
That's best left well alone - do not attempt to change region. It's just a bug and you understand that Sedan and Car are the same thing so it's unimportant in the scheme of things. As an example the latest firmware has an image setting for "Comparison" - what the hell is "Comparison" you ask? Well it actually should say "Contrast" but some dufus has put a typo in the firmware I guess.

Upvote 0

Phil and JB1970

What a comprehensive answer; many thanks for all your time and effort.

I know I am only 22min old in your site, I hope to be a good friend and and grow to be wise.

Please Stay Safe and look after yourself, at this important time.

Regards

T

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back