01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How to downgrade firmware on Hikvision Colorvu to trigger LED lights with motion detection?

Black Diesel

Hello,

I bought a Hikvision Colorvu DS-2CD2347G2-LU camera because I wanted the LED lights to come on with motion detection in a dark alley next to my house. It sounds like the new firmware version on my camera removed this feature. Is there an easy way to roll back the firmware so I can activate this feature?

Camera: DS-2CD2347G2-LU
Current Firmware: V5.5.801 build 210727
Firmware needed: 5.5.114

After posting in another thread, it sounds like I need Firmware 5.5.114 to gain this feature. Does anyone know where I can download this firmware and have a simple process to install it? I'm missing the "LED Light" option under the Linkage Method. I really need this feature.

I've attached screenshots of my camera interface and here's the youtube video that shows the "LED Light" option under the Linkage Method:

Attachments

• Firmware.png
    Firmware.png
    106.5 KB · Views: 300
  • Basic Event.png
    Basic Event.png
    74.7 KB · Views: 259
  • Smart Event.png
    Smart Event.png
    71 KB · Views: 257
Where is this thread located?? I cannot see it in the Hikvision forum but I can find it from "my content"...was it ever published to the forum?

Hello,

I bought a Hikvision Colorvu DS-2CD2347G2-LU camera because I wanted the LED lights to come on with motion detection in a dark alley next to my house. It sounds like the new firmware version on my camera removed this feature. Is there an easy way to roll back the firmware so I can activate this feature?

Camera: DS-2CD2347G2-LU
Current Firmware: V5.5.801 build 210727
Firmware needed: 5.5.114

After posting in another thread, it sounds like I need Firmware 5.5.114 to gain this feature. Does anyone know where I can download this firmware and have a simple process to install it? I'm missing the "LED Light" option under the Linkage Method. I really need this feature.

I've attached screenshots of my camera interface and here's the youtube video that shows the "LED Light" option under the Linkage Method:

i had the same, i was triggered by your post, and checked my G5 firmware of the DS-2CD2047G2-LU. I had upgraded last week from 5.5.114 to 5.5.800 but overlooked the issue which you are referring to.

This was the version i installed and i managed to "downgrade' via chrome and localservicescomponents from 5.5.800 to 5.5.114 and the option is back.

Attachments

• g5.png
    g5.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 325
  • g5-1.png
    g5-1.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 293
mtv,

I tried downgrading to a few firmware versions and this was the only one that worked. Thanks, I have the feature back now with 5.5.114. Now the question is how to configure it best to turn on the LED with motion. If this camera is recording constantly to the NVR, then what event type would work best? I tried to setup an area under basic event with motion detection activated. I'm still testing but it seems to work best with humans and autos unchecked, with a sensitivity of 40. Anything higher than 40 and the light keeps going on from movement that I cannot see in the frame.

If anyone has settings I can try for this I would appreciate it. Basically, the camera is located in a pitch black alley and I want the light to turn on anytime someone walks into the alley. Again, my camera is recording 24-7 so I'm wondering what event type to setup and which boxes should be checked.

Thanks for your help.

You might try smart events, intrusion detection or line passing.

I will try that, I don't understand what the difference is between Basic Event > Motion Detection vs Smart Event > Intrustion detection.

If my cameras weren't recording 24-7 then I would see a difference because the Basic Motion Detection would activate recording...but, since it's always recording I would think drawing a boundary in Basic/Motion Detection would work to trigger the LED when someone walks inside the box.

I will try that, I don't understand what the difference is between Basic Event > Motion Detection vs Smart Event > Intrustion detection.

If my cameras weren't recording 24-7 then I would see a difference because the Basic Motion Detection would activate recording...but, since it's always recording I would think drawing a boundary in Basic/Motion Detection would work to trigger the LED when someone walks inside the box.
Basic - Motion Detection is exactly what it says. It may work just fine for what you want. It's "Basic" as there are really only three settings for you:
  1. The area covered
  2. Sensitivity
  3. Acusense Human or Vehicle, Human and Vehicle
You may still get too many false alerts. If so Intrusion Detection or Line Crossing are more configurable - you can adjust:
  1. The area covered
  2. Sensitivity
  3. Acusense Human or Vehicle, Human and Vehicle
  4. Minimum and Maximum target object size
  5. Line Crossing - direction. A > B, B > A, A<>B
  6. Intrusion - dwell time (how long the target must remain in the area before activation)
  7. AcuSense Target Validity (increase or decrease the AcuSense sensivity)
If you're recording 24/7 that's fine - it's still best to use Motion or Line Crossing or Intrusion. While they won't affect the recording they will "mark" the video (for want of a better term) so that the playback although 24/7 can be filtered to solely show those events for speed of searching. Also you can configure those events to trigger the action you require - push notification, trigger the Led etc.

I am having the same issue, after upgrading the camera firmware. Is it possible to downgrade the firmware?
If so, how can it be done?

I am having the same issue, after upgrading the camera firmware. Is it possible to downgrade the firmware?
If so, how can it be done?
You can usually load the older firmware file on in the camera's Upgrade & Maintenance page just as you would if upgrading the firmware, have you tried this?

Hello Team,

I'm currently facing the same issue here in Australia.

I've got DS-2CD2347G2-LU around the house and had the White Light Trigger / Alarm function working before, recently did the latest firmware update (V5.7.2 build 211109) now the functions disappeared.

Does anyone have access to the version (5.5.114) in Australia? done a search and can't find it anywhere.

Is there any ETA on when or if they will bring back the function?

Cheers in advance.

Hi @nedia88

Hikision released a customised version of V5.7.2 on the UK portal yesterday which has finally brought back this feature for UK/EU cameras.

However, I wouldn't advise using this firmware on your Australian camera and would be surprised if it worked on it all, to be honest.

I'd recommend speaking to your supplier or Hikvision's Australian Technical Support team, and asking if they're able to get you an equivalent version of the customised UK one linked above that is safe for you to use.

Reactions: mtv
Hi @nedia88

Hikision released a customised version of V5.7.2 on the UK portal yesterday which has finally brought back this feature for UK/EU cameras.
I was hoping that also the Overlay Rule Frame and Target Frame on Background Picture that is missing from the beginning was fixed, but still it is not in. I can confirm that white light is in the option box again.

Back