01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How to have Montior further away

Stu_c

Hi all
We have a HikVision system installed in the main part of the building, we have recently had to have a separate office put In the yard which is now the main office, my question is we need a monitor fitted in the external office which is fine but how is the best way to get it so we can control it via a mouse if needed?

We have tried the HikVision software on the PC but seems very glitchy, we wondered if we could use a USB over Ethernet adaptor for the mouse and run a Ethernet cable to it and a also run cable for the monitor?

Anyone else come across this?

How far is the yard office from the main office? The USB over Ethernet sounds dubious. Personally I don't have many complaints with IVMS-4200 as free software goes. There are other offerings like BlueIris you might consider.

Never heard of BlueIris what is that? Its around 30 meters

BlueIris is a software package for monitoring IP cameras. It can connect directly to the camera's stream. It's reasonably priced and feature rich. Assuming the yard office and the main office have a network connection it might be worth looking into.

Have you tried accessing the DVR from Internet Explorer on a PC?
i.e. just use the browser

Have you tried accessing the DVR from Internet Explorer on a PC?
i.e. just use the browser

No I haven't I didn't realise you could access it via internet explorer? I know about hik-connect? Can you also choose on there about downloading the footage etc, I have used the PC software before now and unless you have some good spec computer the software isn't brilliant

No, if you are at the same site/on the same network - install Hikvision's SADP utility, run that, identify the DVR's IP address.
Open Internet Explorer (not Edge).
Type the DVR's IP address into the address bar.
You should be able to login and see the cameras, recordings, etc.

Back