01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How to reset Camera password on DS-2CD2742FWD + DS-2CD2T42WD15

Brian

Over the past 6 months the system over here has been very intermittent which at the time I thought was down to faulty cameras since the cameras were out of warranty I bought new ones the problem of the cameras just turning them self off did go away for a few days only to return .

From asking other Hikvision system owners this problem is caused by Hikvision who want you to upgrade your firmware and nothing more it would be far better if they did what Microsoft do and let you know that there is upgrade for your system than to keep turning on and off your cameras .

So after stripping and resetting the system over here I now have the job of getting back into 2 of the old cameras to reset the passwords . From what I can read I need to down load the SAPD tool onto my computer and this will give me access because without acceess I am unable to upgrade the firmware .
To regain access do I need to buy a POE injector or do I just plug the camera into the NVR and the SAPD tool then gives me access to change the password .

Many Thanks

Hi @Brian

You can hard reset/factory reset the 2742FWD & the 2T42WD-I5 using the hard reset button - [Tutorial Megathread] Getting Started With Your Hikvision System

The cameras have to be connected to a PoE injector/switch to access the cameras individually and update the firmware, If you have recent enough NVR you can enable Virtual Host to access individual cameras while they are directly connected to the PoE ports on the NVR. As far as we are aware the Virtual Host feature is only available on K & I-series NVRs

Which NVR model do you have?

Hi Dan

Many thanks for the reply the NVR is a DS-7608NI-E2/8P/A and thanks for letting me know about the reset I will give that a go then should be able to get into the camera and install the new firmware IPC_R6_EN_STD_5.5.53_180730.zip .

Many Thanks

Back