01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How to reset HiLook IP cam

alexstewart74

Here is a copy of the email I sent to Hikvision support:
Hello,
I had two Hilook IPC-D120H ‘s that I had previously connected to a NVR-104MH-C/4P.
I installed that NVR at my home but only used one of the cameras.
A job came up that needed three of these cameras so I decided to include the one that I had previously planned to install in my own home.
As I was setting up and testing the new cameras, I noticed that the my camera was not showing up in local network searcher although the others were.
I thought maybe a reset of the camera might fix the issue but I quickly found out that there was no reset button on the camera.
I connect the camera to the NVR and it seemed to work just fine, instantly showing up on the main menu.
I was unable to delete the camera (When I select a camera and then click delete it says “no camera selected”) and I cannot seem to find a setting to reset the camera through the NVR.
I tried to set a static IP address for the camera through the NVR and tried to login to the camera with that but I didn’t have any luck.

I need to install these cameras for a client in two days and wanted to know whether or not I would need to buy a new camera.

Your help would be much appreciated,

Not sure why you were not able to edit its settings via the NVR. If you can add it to your LAN and power it from a POE injector or 12volts DC PSU, then you should be able to find it using SADP and reset its IP address to one that enables you to access it and login from a PC on the same network (then access and reset it to inactive, ready for future use).

Can you power a camera and connect it to your general network?
Does SADP then find the camera?

Back