01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How-to: How to Reset the Password of your Hikvision Camera/NVR in 5 steps using the SADP Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
(IMPORTANT - We will only perform password resets for customers who bought the device they are resetting from us - use-IP Ltd - If you didn't buy from us you will have to send your reset file to the company you did buy from)

Cybersecurity is a big issue for IP manufacturers at the moment and a key element of cybersecurity is the password and the resetting process, so in this guide we are going to take you through Hikvision's secure process for resetting the password of your camera/NVR using the SADP Tool.

The process only takes 5 steps but will take quite a bit of time as emails have to be sent and received to complete the process, but we will talk more about this later in the guide, for now, lets start with:

Step 1: Open SADP and select the camera/NVR you want to reset by ticking the box next to the device on the left side of the list and then click the Forgot Password link at the bottom of the pop-out tab on the right of the SADP window.

password reset.jpg

Step 2: Click the Export button on the pop-up to export the reset file and then select a folder to save the file to that is easy to find

export file.jpg

(IMPORTANT: Once you have exported the reset file the camera/NVR you are resetting must remain powered ON until the reset is complete)

Step 3: Open your emails and attach the reset file to a new email, send this file along with the information listed below to info@use-ip.co.uk --- (We will only perform password resets for customers who bought the device they are resetting from us - use-IP Ltd - If you didn't buy from us you will have to send your reset file to the company you did buy from)
sent reset email(edit).png

After sending the file to us we will confirm you have bought from us and then pass the file on to Hikvision tech support who will then send a reset file to change the password, which we will then email back to you. This series of communications with Hikvision can take up to 24 hours, but often Hikvision support respond much quicker than that

Step 4: Download & save
the new reset file from the email you received from us to an easy-to-find folder (we would recommend the same folder as the original exported file)
recieved reset email(edit).png

Step 5: Open SADP and return to the export pop-up from before, this time you will want to go to step 2 and tick the Import File box, then click the folder icon and find the reset file we just sent you, open it so file route appears in the box like below, finally enter the new password twice and then click Confirm

new password.jpg

After clicking confirm a box should appear with a green tick and the words Reset Password Succeeded

reset succeeded.jpg

With the password reset you can now open an Internet Explorer browser, search the IP address of the device and log in using the new password, once in you can then proceed to do what you like with the device (we would recommend checking your Firmware is up to date before you do anything else)

If you need more help with this process then watch our How To... video below:

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply , have you a link for the sadp tool that i can download for windows ? If i did not purchase from yourself can you still reset password for me ?

Phil/Dan:

Perhaps you can clear up a question. Since cameras connected via POE will not show up in SADP, does using this password reset method also reset the camera passwords too? If not, how do we go about doing the camera passwords for a POE setup?

I also looked at Hik's videos in the thread below and did not get an answer to this question. Thanks.

Hikvision Password Reset - Do It Yourself

Unless you set an exception, the NVR will pass its password to the cameras (direct-connected to the POE ports on the rear).

Hello

New member and first time poster. I have some 8MP dark fighter cameras and I am trying to turn off the IR; but cannot see the options. Looks like I need to access the cameras individually to do this.

Same as FullBoogie; I cannot see the cameras on the SADP tool as they are POE straight into the NVR. When I click on their links however from the NVR settings, my usual NVR password isn't accepted.

Any other ideas?

TIA

JerseyBailiff

EDIT: In fact, I'm not even sure if my cameras are dark fighter? They are DS-2CD2385FWD-I-2.8MM. Can anybody advise? TIA

Last edited:
Hi @JerseyBailiff

The 2385 you have is not a Darkfighter model, the 2385G1 model has Darkfighter technology.

Have you only ever had the camera connected to the PoE ports on the NVR? did you activate the camera when you first got it by plugging it in directly to the NVR?

If you did the above and you haven't manually disabled the NVR setting that activates cameras with the NVRs password then the camera should have activated with the NVR password.

I think you will have to disconnect the camera and try a hard factory reset of the camera and then try activating the camera again.

I have just received all new reset codes for my cameras and NVR but I tried resetting the password on a couple of cameras and each time I got “failed to reset password- other 205”
although I have access to my NVR should I reset that password on the NVR first using the rest code and then the cameras ?
All above was tried using latest version on SADP on a DS-7716NI-14-16P and mostly DS-2CD2385FWD-I
Thanks

Did you update the firmware on the NVR or cycle the power of the NVR after you regained access? and are the cameras connected directly? if the power has cycled on the cameras after you requested the reset file you may need to request new files. We would also recommend if you have a large number of cameras to request the files in smaller batches of 2-4 cameras at a time because it can be easy to get mixed up when the files are returned and use the wrong reset file on the wrong camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back