01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How to set up Hikvision DS-7604 to view via web browser?

Tdyyde386

Hi,

I have the Hikvision DS-7604ni-k1/4p system, I want to be able to view on a web browser, how would i go about doing this?

And how to set it up so you can view it on another network in a different location via web browser?

Locally (on the same LAN):
Install SADP on your PC, use it to scan your network - note the NVR's IP address.
Use the internet Explorer browser.
Enter the NVR's IP address in the address bar of IE.
You should be able to login, view, replay, config. etc.

To access your NVR from a browser at another site:
You will need to configure port forwarding on the router at the NVR site.
Also, if the NVR site does not have a static IP address, you will need to use a DNS service such us No-IP to be able to find the site and the NVR on the world wide web when your ISP changes the site's IP address.

Locally (on the same LAN):
Install SADP on your PC, use it to scan your network - note the NVR's IP address.
Use the internet Explorer browser.
Enter the NVR's IP address in the address bar of IE.
You should be able to login, view, replay, config. etc.

To access your NVR from a browser at another site:
You will need to configure port forwarding on the router at the NVR site.
Also, if the NVR site does not have a static IP address, you will need to use a DNS service such us No-IP to be able to find the site and the NVR on the world wide web when your ISP changes the site's IP address.

Thanks for your reply, when connecting from another site will I go the the (hik-connect.com) website or will i still put the NVR IP address in?

I'm afraid you cannot use the Hik-Connect portal to access from a browser at another site.
To do so you will need to enter the NVR site's web IP address, if you have successfully configured port forwarding, you will reach the NVR.

I'm afraid you cannot use the Hik-Connect portal to access from a browser at another site.
To do so you will need to enter the NVR site's web IP address, if you have successfully configured port forwarding, you will reach the NVR.

What is the best way to accessing cameras on a another site from the desktop, is they a client or other website?

You can use their free software (iVMS-4200) as an alternative to a browser, but the issues remain:
You can't use the Hik-Connect portal.
You therefore need to configure port forwarding.
You have to be able to find the site/NVR on the world wide web; so either need a DDNS solution or a static IP address.

Some of these points are covered in our megathread tutorial:
[Tutorial Megathread] Getting Started With Your Hikvision System

You can use their free software (iVMS-4200) as an alternative to a browser, but the issues remain:
You can't use the Hik-Connect portal.
You therefore need to configure port forwarding.
You have to be able to find the site/NVR on the world wide web; so either need a DDNS solution or a static IP address.

Some of these points are covered in our megathread tutorial:
[Tutorial Megathread] Getting Started With Your Hikvision System

Thanks for replying, So if i set up port forwarding on the router would i then be able to connect to the camera on a another site?

I changed the HTTP port from 80 to 81 and then back to 80, but can't seem to connection anymore via web browser, would i need to do anything to be able to re connect.

Thanks for replying, So if i set up port forwarding on the router would i then be able to connect to the camera on a another site?
Yes.

I changed the HTTP port from 80 to 81 and then back to 80, but can't seem to connection anymore via web browser, would i need to do anything to be able to re connect.
You should not need to, if the port was successfully reset.
Perhaps reboot the camera and/or check with SADP.

Yes.

You should not need to, if the port was successfully reset.
Perhaps reboot the camera and/or check with SADP.

Great thanks, just checked the cameras NVR and the port changed itself to 8081, it now allow me to connect now.

Back