• Hi Guest, Please subscribe to our YouTube channel for fresh new videos each week.

How to update HikVision Firmware in just nine simple steps - updated 20th February 2019

SgtBilko

Thank you Dan, your help is much appreciated. I am getting "upgrading failed" while using the webbrowser interface.

SgtBilko

Dan, I managed to change the firmware to 3.4.104 using iVMS-4200.

Now I am getting "No plugin-in detected" in Live View and Playback on my MacBookPro. I have reinstalled the WebVideoPlugin 3.0.6.23

The upgrade function now doesn't work on the DVR as well as on Cameras though Virtual Host

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
The K-series NVRs do not support the 'no plug-in' update that was given to the latest I-series NVRs and so with a Mac browser access is limited and you may have to install an older 3rd-party browser like SeaMonkey that still runs the old NPAPI plugin that the K-series NVRs use. You should still have full access via iVMS-4200 and a direct monitor, and as another option, you can update the firmware of the cameras using iVMS-4200. Go to Device Management > Group > Select a camera > Remote Configuration > System > System Maintenance > select a file and upgrade.

SgtBilko

Thanks Dan

I'm slightly splitting hairs but it is the firmware that doesn't support the the "no plug-in" update becuase when I had the wrong firmware installed I did not get the error, I got a picture.

Changing the firmware has not resolved the upgrade issue, it made it worse becuase now I can't upgrade the NVR firmware through the web browesr. It also made it worse becuase I now have the "no plugin" error. However, I'm not going to reinstall the wrong firmware again though ......... law of ininteded circumstances. I will just have to manage with a old Windows laptop.

All my cameras have already got up to date firmware, I had already used iVMS-4200 as you suggest.

Thank you

gilez

Hello everybody, how can I know wich is the right firmware? It's absolutely confusing and don't wanna do mistakes.
My Dvr is DS-7204HQHI-K1 running V3.5.3.5 build 180316, should I sort the firmware by version or build?
Thanks a lot

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Hi @gilez

It is tricky to identify the correct firmware but I have checked with the Hikvision firmware chart and they put your DVR under this firmware family - DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL - and the latest version is v4.20.100

gilez

Hi @Dan

really thank you for your help, I just downloaded the new version and installed, everything went like a charm.