01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How-to: How do I update HikVision Firmware in just nine simple steps? - updated 17th November 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the first post Phil says he has never encountered a problem in skipping updates and that indeed was my experience with two of my cameras which went from 5.2.1 direct to 5.4.4. Also there are no links to the earlier f/w as far as I can see. I have found 5.2.8 on another Forum. Can I downgrade the camera f/w back to that?

Downgraded to 5.4.0 but no improvement. Tried to downgrade to 5.3 but it would not allow it so I assume the camera is almost useless as Milestone no longer recognises it even at the new IP address as it says "incorrect password" presumably because it is refusing incoming connections.

New camera required and as I have the superb Ubiquiti Wi-fi and Security Gateway I think I will buy from them. Support for Hikvision does not appear to be good!

Hi,
I've been out for a couple of days, if you'd like some help with this problem can you please start a new thread and I'll try to help you resolve the issue

Hi all,
Could anybody help me to find firmware to my NVR.
Model: DS-9632NI-XT
Thank you.

Hi all,
Could anybody help me to find firmware to my NVR.
Model: DS-9632NI-XT
Thank you.

Latest firmware for that NVR model is v3.4.4 - DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL - there are 2 versions in that folder, use the EN version (EN - English / ML - Multi-lingual)

Sorry to ask again...can someone just confirm the correct firmware to flash for my NVR...is such a confusing list of NVR's on the hikvision website and I dont wanna brick it with a wrong firmware upload.....thanks
Current nvr and firmware.

DS-7604NI-E1 / 4P
firm V3.4.0 build 151103

i tried to upgrade the firmware with the file linked by Phil...which Im sure is the correct one.
V3.4.101 build181024
Upgraded via wifi and Explorer browser. It all looked ok. And went through the upgrade showing the progress bar, then a reboot.
However the system settings still show the old firmware installed?

serial number.....what region is RR...is that suspect ?
DS-7604NI-E1 / 4P0420151207AARR559439678WCVU

Hi guys Need helppp please....

Question: Can you tell me if my Hikvision is updated to the latest firmware please.
NVR DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P
Firmware Version: v3.4.104, Build 190128

Question: Can you tell me if my Hikvision is updated to the latest firmware please.
NVR DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P
Firmware Version: v3.4.104, Build 190128

v3.4.104 is the latest version available for the 7608NI-K2/8P NVR

hello, I have the same device DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P but can not find the version v3.4.104. The last version I see is v3.4.103. Is there another download page?

I found version v3.4.104 in UK Portal. Can I install the version on my device? The device is in Germany and is also used in German.

Last edited:
I found version v3.4.104 in UK Portal. Can I install the version on my device? The device is in Germany and is also used in German.

Yes, you should be able to use that firmware from the UK portal on a German NVR, the firmware file has the letter 'ML' in the title which usually refers to 'multi-lingual' which means it should include multiple languages.

Yes, you should be able to use that firmware from the UK portal on a German NVR, the firmware file has the letter 'ML' in the title which usually refers to 'multi-lingual' which means it should include multiple languages.

Thank you worked great.

Hi @jjmsau

We tested the problem you are reporting using a Mac in our office and we were able to update a camera connected to the PoE ports of a Hikvision NVR using Chrome, we did see multiple glitches (the file folder wouldn't open when we clicked it, the update would fail, etc...) but on the 2nd-3rd attempt of each of these things we did actually get the firmware to install, the camera rebooted and when we logged back in the camera firmware had updated. (we were only updating from version 80 to 82 and so users upgrading from older firmware may still have problems)

We understand that this is nowhere near a good enough solution and just this morning we have pushed Hikvision again to give us an update on when we can expect a 'no plugin' firmware update.
Dan
Any news on updating firmware through POE connections ?
Thank you

Hi @SgtBilko

As far as we are aware this is no longer a problem for any NVR running the latest firmware, what model NVR do you have and what firmware is it currently running?

DS-769-08NI-K2/8P
v4.21.005 build 190509

Virtual Host is enabled and when I follow the link to (for example) DS-2CD2142FWD-IWS, v5.5.0 build 170725
and navigate to System | Maintenance | Upgrade & Maintenance | Upgrade
The browse button does not do anything in Safari, Firefox or Chrome (all latest versions) and I can't type a path in the dialogue box.

I am running mac 10.14.5

Thank you

DS-769-08NI-K2/8P
v4.21.005 build 190509

That is the wrong firmware for the NVR you have, v4.21.005 is an I-series firmware and not designed to be used on K-series NVRs, some customers have successfully upgraded their K-series NVRs to this firmware and initially, it did appear to work ok but we still advised against updating to this version as it may cause future problems. We would recommend downgrading the NVR firmware to the correct latest K-series NVR firmware and see if that fixes the problem - HIKVISION UK PORTAL

We have multiple K-series NVRs in the office running V3.4.xxx firmware and there is no problem updating camera firmware of directly connected cameras.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back