01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

how to upgrade firmware on Hikvision DS-2CD2542FWD-IWS 4MP POE Camera

tester22

Hi guys, I need your help, I have this Camera Hikvision DS-2CD2542FWD-IWS 4MP Built-in Mic Wifi indoor POE Dome Camera,

Currently on this Camera this "Firmware Version V5.4.1 build 160525", & "Encoding Version V7.3 build 160625"

So I like to know which firmware I have to get to upgrade software on this Camera,

Please let me know,

Hopefully waiting for your reply,

Thanks

Thanks a lot for your great help for the link,

1)--I am new for this upgrade, so I need your help to upgrade on my Camera this firmware "IPC_R6_EN_STD_5.4.3_160902",

2)--In case if I am not happy with this latest firmware, then can I go back to to this old Firmware "IPC_R6_EN_STD_5.4.0_160401",

3)--Currently I have this Firmware "IPC_R6_EN_STD_5.4.1_160525" in my Camera, which is having problems like
-Some time it will not capture motion detect and not save the file,
-In night it will show video like cotton flying in air of a man, I mean you can not understand who is coming under camera range, very difficult to fine out that OBJECT,
-And you can not find in this Firmware, "Face Detection & People Gather Detection etc",

Because of this all problems, I want to go back to "IPC_R6_EN_STD_5.4.0_160401" or I want to Upgrade to Latest firmware "IPC_R6_EN_STD_5.4.3_160902",. In case if latest firmware is also no good then I want to DOWNGREAD to this firmware "IPC_R6_EN_STD_5.4.0_160401",

PLEASE LET ME KNOW, HOW TO UPGRADE FIRMWARE, in case if not happy can I DOWN GREAD or not,

Hopefully waiting for your suggestions,

Thanks

I can't guarantee upgrades / downgrades.
The Release Notes for each update normally state if you cannot 'go back'.
It's best to keep up-to-date for network/security reasons.
Also, assuming we did not supply your camera (we don't know its source and whether it is Western Region or Chinese Region) we will not be held responsible if the firmware update fails in any way.

I appriceate for your fast reply,
I understand you are helping me, so I am responsible if any thing goes wrong on my camera.

But where I can get notes to UPGRADE firmware, so that I can read and upgrade my Camera, please let me know some instructions.

Thanks

If you refresh the page you will see a YouTube tutorial on how to upgrade the firmware of your HikVision camera or NVR in my post above.

Thanks a Lot for your great Help, now it will take me few days to see difference/changes of this firmware..

Yes I Upgrade it to new firmware.

Thanks again.

hi guys, I need your help, I was looking for latest firmware for my Camera, because when ever I log in on pc it is saying VIDEO LOSE error all the time.

So please let me know where I can find the Latest Firmware for my Camera.

I already look around on this Directory DOWNLOAD PORTAL but there is no FIRMWARE found for my Camera.

Please let me know, where I can see my Camera Firmware or please let me know HOW TO FIX "VIDEO LOSE ERROR" for my camera, because I always having this issue.

Hopefully waiting for your reply.

Thanks

Which camera model(s) please?

I have this Camera Hikvision DS-2CD2542FWD-IWS 4MP Built-in Mic Wifi indoor POE Dome Camera

And this is my Thread long time ago.

Thanks

hi there, I update firmware on my 2 Cameras,

1)---[2.8mm] Hikvision DS-2CD2542FWD-IWS 4MP Built-in Mic Wifi indoor Dome Camera -- here sd card working fine
2)---Hikvision DS-2CD2442FWD-IW 4MP Built-in Microphone Wi-Fi IP Network Camera POE -- here any sd card I put it, it is not working and becomes write protect or completely not working.

when I Upgrade to my #2 Camera, after this SD Card in not working any more, I mean sd card is not format any more, when I click on "Storage, General" it is Freezing the screen, then I click on Format after few minutes it says "UNFORMATED".

And when I connect to Computer that sd card says write protected error, where as I don't have write protect switch physically on this card.

BUT CURRENTLY ANY SD CARD INSERT IN THIS CAMERA, THAT SD CARD GET SPOILED, SAYS UNFORMATED or WRITE PROTECT ERROR.

So can you let me know WHICH BRAND OF SD CARD IS GOOD FOR THIS CAMERA, then I will buy that SD Card also.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Last edited:
I've not come across this before e.g. write protect.
(Oddly, I remember reading in some recent HikVision Release Notes(?) that there was a new write protect feature which would only work with their own cards - I can't find that mention right now, it's not in the Release Notes for the firmware you have used, nor the latest for the latest G1 Family cameras).

I'd try formatting your card in your PC.
Doesn't matter what format you use - try various; just trying to wipe and reset it.
Hopefully, with some combination you will be able then to insert it into the camera and the camera will accept it and allow you to use its format function to reformat the card in the camera.

Back