01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How to view in web browser

Sonic007

Centurion!
Trusted Member
Im trying to change settings on the NVR and any screen that is meant to show a live feed is just greyed out.
Tried IE and Firefox and with IE got so far as being asked to install a plugin but now just got a grey screen.

Any ideas?

THanks again.

So I went home and rebooted and still nothing. Just wondered if anyone else was in the same situation.

All I want is to view the video so I can set motion detection settings etc?

I can access my Hikvision NVR and login to it but can’t see any video. It’s just grey boxes where there is meant to be images.
Here’s what I’ve tried so far:

- Tried all major browsers. Also tried it in Pale Moon. Tried on both PC and Mac.
No joy. Tried installing web components plugin but still get grey box.

- Tried putting NVR IP address in trusted sites and IE comparability mode. Didn’t work.

- Thought it maybe as I’m going via a 2nd router but that didn’t solve it, even when hooked up directly to same router.

So I can access the settings but no video feed. Just grey boxes.
I know it works as I can use the app.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Use Internet Explorer (not Edge) on a PC (the blue 'e' icon with the gold flash across it).

Did you follow these steps carefully?

1. Download the web components file.
  2. Note where it is saved e.g. Downloads, Docs, wherever
  3. Restart your PC.
  4. Then, BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ELSE, access the downloaded file and run it.
  5. Once you have successfully run it you should then be able to access your camera from the IE browser.

I thought I’d update. I’ve worked it out.
Once plugin was installed I was still getting no video. Eventually realised the feed was encrypted in network settings.

I needed to update the encryption key in local settings and also the encryption key in live view parameters.

Back