01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

I cannot access my Hikvision system when I am away from home?

Jack1234

Hello I have a hikvistion cctv systems I dont no alot about them or the set up

I am having a problem with viewing my camera while I am away from the wifi zone so through 4g it will not let me view live view or play back I getting a connection error and when I try do on connect I getting video playback failed error code 380356 but on the app it say connection fails I using ivms -4500 that where its say con fail I hik connect say the play back code above

I am needing some help with this I can access the dvr with a monitor and mouse if you need me do thing

Unless someone can contact me and do a remotely service to take a look

Any help be great I just want be safe when I away and not panicking about my home

Thanks

Also it does not work when I am using someone else wifi only my own

Also I need no how i can download software for my laptop as i cant find it on hik website any link be Brill

Do you NEED to access from a laptop when you are away from home?
If so, you will manually need to configure remote access and set up port forwarding on your home router.

Most people just use Hikvision's Hik-Connect portal and Hik-Connect App on their mobile phone/tablets.
The Hik-Connect solution is effectively automatically set up and more secure, as it uses a TLS connection (more secure than port forwarding).

The Hik-Connect App has superseded the iVMS-4500 App (4500 will see no further development).

What NVR/DVR model number do you have please?

Back