01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

I have a problem with the rotate function on the HIKVISION cameras...

marle1337

Hello. So i just bought those hikvision cameras.

Some of them has to be rotatet so that the picture looks right, and not sideways.

But when i turn this rotate button on the picture looks very bad...

I have attached some pictures, with and without rotate.
tretretre.PNG
nbjgjghf.PNG

So does anyone know why this is happening and a solution?

Kind Regards

marle..

Is there a reason you aren't able to physically rotate the camera lens to achieve the same function? Which camera model is it?

I cant rotate the cameras on the wall they are hanging on. I need to do it with the rotate function in survailience station on a synology NAS server.

I have tried to do it on the interface there is in the cameras nothing is diffrent.

What is your camera model? The vast majority of Hikvision cameras have three-axes of rotation, so you should be able to just physically rotate it.

Essentially, due to how the camera is currently mounted, digitally rotating the image will change the aspect ratio quite heavily. Based on your Synology comment, I imagine this is why you're experiencing the issue as Synology will try to squash the image to 1920 x 1080 despite the aspect ratio of the image, unless you click the fixed aspect ratio ben.

As an example, based on the resolution of those images I'd hazard a guess that you're using a Hikvision 3MP camera. This has a resolution of 2048 x 1536. When you rotate this resolution using the software (often called corridor view), you'll end up with a resolution of 1536 x 2048 which is causing your squashed image.

Your best option would be to physically rotate the camera lens as per our video on the DS-2CD2132F-I on youtube.

Back