01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

I want to disable the hdmi extension screen user from making changes on Hikvision NVR?

mAd

I want to disable the hdmi extension screen user from making changes on Hikvision NVR any ideas

Hi @mAd

What NVR model do you have?
How exactly do you have your NVR monitors set up? I don't understand what you mean by "HDMI extension screen user"?

am using a Hikvision NVR and what I mean is that I have extended my display using a VGA to my monitor and also extended the display using HDMI to a smart tv in the security room of which the person in the security room gets control of the NVR and that control is what I want to limit

Hi @mAd

Ok, If you have non-admin users needing to control the system (e.g. change live views, view playback, etc...) but you don't want them to have access to all menus then the easiest solution is to create a new user for the security room staff. If you go to System > User you can add new users (Operator is the user level you probably want to set) and then once created if you click the green tick under permissions you can use the admin password to set custom permissions of the menus that user has access to.

Once you have set up this new user you can go to the power symbol in the top right of the screen and log out of the NVR, then when you come to the login screen you can click 'Switch User', select the new user from the dropdown, and enter that new user's password and you will be taken to the live view page where everything will look very similar but with you now unable to access the specific menus/cameras you set in the user's permissions.

Back