01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

IE on Chrome/Encryption Key

Artman

Just looked through the Encryption Key forum but could not find an answer to the following.

I have recently added the IE tab to Chrome and logged in to my Hikvision. However when I go to Live View for my two cameras and try to activate them I get the pop up 'The stream is encrypted. Please go to Local Configuration interface to set encryption key and re-start'? When I go to Configuration there are 6 dots in the field but I can't remember in fact adding an encryption key as such. The system works fine when I use IE directly?

Any help appreciated.

Hi @Artman

Are you using Windows or macOS?

You will need to set the encryption key yourself, and then enter it in the Local Configuration menu (the six dots may just be there by default).
Set the key in: Configuraion > Network > Advanced Settings > Platform Access

This post explains it:
Updated 26th November to clarify setting and use of encryption key / verification code.

Seen as a pop-up at the bottom right screen corner in your browser when trying to access a video stream from a HikVision camera to Live View it/them on your HikVision NVR.

View attachment 725

There is another version of the message - "The stream is encrypted. Please go to the Local Configuration interface to set the Encryption Key and restart live view".

The 'key' that you need to enter is actually the "Verification Code" that you set when you enable and set up Platform Access for Hik-Connect.

Let me re-state and clarify this further, this is the entry that YOU make, this is where YOU set the encryption key / verification code. It is your secret code, which you should only share with others that you wish to allow to view your system.

YOU enter it here:

View attachment 726

Then, to be able to view your cameras etc. any viewer must re-enter this code/key when they first try to view e.g. on a browser, App, software, etc.

You do seem to need to enter this verification code / encryption key via the browser of any additional PC (even on the same LAN) that you wish to access the NVR from.

You will need to enter the code / key here:

View attachment 727

You can disable encrypted streaming if you prefer.
This can only be done (enabled/disabled) via a monitor directly connected to your NVR.
You will need to navigate to Configuration -> Network -> Access Platform and untick "Enable Stream Encryption".

You can also disable stream encryption entirely, but you will need to do this locally on the NVR (via a directly connected monitor).
This guide shows where to disable it:
We have seen a handful of people post here on the forum saying that they can't find the box to enter their encryption key when using iVMS-4200 on a Mac, we helped a customer with this today and it would appear that there is no way to enter the encryption key on the Mac version of the 4200 software.

So here is our advice for customers with a new system and those with an existing system:

New System

If you are setting up a new system and are planning to use iVMS-4200 on a Mac you will have to set up the system without an encryption key (this is not a big deal as the key is simply an extra layer of security and for most systems, a strong password is enough security).

Existing System

If you have an existing system that is already encrypted and you now want to access that NVR via 4200 on a Mac you will have to disable the encryption key, to do this you will have to access the NVR via a directly connected monitor. When logged in via a monitor you will want to go to Configuration->Network->Platform Access where you should see a page that looks like this:

View attachment 1172

You will want to make sure the Enable Stream Encryption tick box is unticked and then click Apply, now when you return to the iVMS-4200 software you will now be able to live view & playback the cameras connected to the NVR.

If your setup requires you to use an encryption key and you want to use a Mac to access that system then you can still do that but you will have to access the NVR using a browser instead of iVMS-4200.

Many thanks for the replies - it's fixed. I am using Windows 10 and I did have a note of my Verification code so I went to the Encryption key field and entered this code (which was considerably longer than the 6 dots mentioned above) then back to live view - and it worked. When I then went back to the encryption key field it had reverted back to the 6 dots and I wonder why the pop up didn't say enter your Verification code instead of Encryption key? As a general aside I mainly purchased the HiLook system as I was told it was meant for householders like me and much easier to set up and use rather than the full on Hikvision system - but it does not seem that way to me. Anyway, thanks to your forum I am managing to keep it going and the cameras etc. are very good.

Back