01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Illegal logins

Andrew

Hello all, I've currently running 3 cameras on a DS-7608NI-K2/8P which I'm currently experiencing quite a number of attempted illegal logins on. All the firmware is current on the NVR and cameras. Any tips or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hi @Andrew

Have you set up port forwarding to allow remote access to the NVR? If so, you have probably left the port numbers as their default, which are the first that bots or hackers try, see the comments thread:

You'll need to change numbers of the HTTP, server and RTSP ports assigned to the NVR, and then change the ports forwarded on your router to these - this guide explains how to do this:

Make sure that the firmware is up-to-date on the NVR too, which should be V4.51.025 build210927:

The main issue will be that you're using the default ports of 80 (http) 554 (rtsp) and 8000 (server). Every undesirable knows these common ports and so I've frequently seen systems bombarded with login attempts (in excess of 2000 over the space of a few hours). Just pick three consecutive ports, change them in the NVR and amend your port forwarding in the router to suit. The numbers must be higher than 2000 (as the server port number must be 2000 or higher)

Back