01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Image capture to SD and FTP intermittent

canvcol

Hello, I am setting up a Hikvision DS-2DE4225IW-DE PTZ IP camera, which I intend to use on a remote building site.

One of the objectives is to record time lapse images.

I have set up image capture to the SD card and also to FTP.

The problem I have is that the camera stops recording (to both sd card and ftp) after a while. For example this morning all was fine until 9:30ish then no further images stored on sd or sent to ftp after then. I have set the recording period from 6am to 6pm and the interval to 5 mins - however, I have done tests with the interval eg at 10 sec and the same happens - it seems to occur fairly randomly, but hasn't lasted longer than a say 10 to 30 images or so.
It often starts working again briefly when I reboot the camera (some images even come down as the camera is going through shutdown process) or if I change a setting in the config (eg stream to record from).
I have tried disabling ftp, but still get the same problem with storing to the SD card.

I have updated firmware to latest 5.6.14, which has not changed the behaviour as far as I can tell.

I'd be very grateful for any ideas!

In Configuration>Storage>Storage Management, check the Percent of Picture is set correctly. By default it's set to 5% which might explain the limited picture capacity. If you are not recording video, up it to 95% and set Percentage of Record to 5%.
1572290202107.png

Just to clarify, is this how you set up the capture interval? If so, try setting the quality to medium or low and check if that helps.
1572291915161.png

Many thanks for looking at this StewartM.

Yes, those settings are ok. I have not yet tried medium/low quality, but...

I should perhaps have also explained that the system is running on DC on a standalone solar power supply. I'm speculating that the supply (battery) voltage goes too high (up to 14.4V when charging) for the camera and causes this behaviour. The camera otherwise appears to work fine. I've seen nothing in any documentation to indicate the acceptable input voltage range, it all only says "12V".
I have tested yesterday and today with the supplied mains powered POE injector and no problems with image capture.
I am sourcing a 12V regulator for the solar power supply, hoping that will fix the problem!

Back