01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Image constantly upside down

Hairdye

Hi
I really hope someone can help with a problem we cannot solve. My supervisor has a Hyperflex HFN-8 nvr and an axis camera. We have tried all day to to sort an image problem but just cannot solve it. The camera is seen by the nvr but the image is upside down . My supervisor can log into the camera (I got lost at this bit) and flip the image and a load of other things I didn't understand, however once the image is flipped then the nvr doesnt show any image at all. The nvr states the camera is online but just wont show an image. If we reset the camera then the image is back on the nvr but upside down.
Does anyone have an idea where we are going wrong ?
Thanks in advance

It sounds as if you are doing the correct things, but some sort of glitch between the NVR and the camera prevents the NVR coping with the flipped image :(

Hi thanks for the reply. Is there anything we can do to try and resolve it ?
Could it be the nvr just isn't up to the job as it was only £50 from eBay.
Many thanks

I doubt that there is anything you can do.
Perhaps have a chat with the NVR manufacturer or reseller.

I forgot to mention something whether it means anything though who knows .
The nvr can see the camera but the image is upside down but at least there's an image.
We have to go into the camera itself to flip the image but to do this we had to input a password.
Again all good except when the camera is plugged back into the nvr it shows it as online but there isn't an image . It seems once we enter a password to the camera the nvr just can't see it.
I tried the seller of the nvr he just said it should work, not much help really.
We updated the box to the latest software still no good.
We cannot find who actually makes the Hyperflex HFN-8 they don't seem to exist .
Apart from that we may have to buy a new nvr but different spec.
Thanks

Normally you would be able to enter the camera's password in the NVR, so that it can login.

Hi
Sorry not replied but I'm not sure if we have found the issue.
Reset the camera image upside down on nvr.
Now no image on nvr.
However we noticed when we log into the camera after a reset it states onvif disabled.
Does onvif have to be enabled for the nvr to see the camera?
We reckon it is enabled when the image is upside down but logging in to the camera disable it.
There isn't a tick box for enable but a list to choose from like onvif profile s etc.
Many thanks

OK thanks for the input all working now.
The problem was when you log into the cameras it logs out of onvif but it need this to work.
Simple answer was log back into camera and enable onvif and hey presto working camera correct way up.
Cheers

Back