01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Image Parameters Switch - Calendar

JB1970

Guru
Trusted Member
I might be late with this but I haven't noticed it previously so thought it worth a mention.

One of my biggest gripes with the Hikvision cameras has been the inability to alter image settings according to day and night. You've always been able to alter settings individually but once you do so, you're forced to set them on a scheduled time switch, which is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard, as the sun has the most annoying habit of rising and setting at different times.

On the latest version of the AcuSense firmware (G2 cameras - G3 platform) you can alter the Scene (normal, front light, back light, low illumination, custom 1, custom 2) parameters to your requirements as before. However, you can now not only switch the camera to those scenes on a time schedule (in 5 minute increments), but also alter those times according to the month ( see image). This is a huge improvement on the G3 platform cameras and would be very welcome on the G1's if Hikvision would listen.

What I'd love to see is the ability to map scene settings (and the day/night switch) to sunrise/sunset along with a definable plus or minus offset. It shouldn't be so difficult for Hikvision to implement this so that regional Sunrise/Sunset times could be preloaded or uploaded to the camera.
Screenshot 2020-11-15 at 12.07.23.png

Back