01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

improve Night Vision

mcrippa

Hi all,
thank you in advance for your help. I have a few Hikvision cameras in my garder that are doing great during the day. Unfortunately, for two of them I have some challeges at night. They cover a very wide area and the built-in IR is not powerfull enough for my needs. The items that are far away from the camera (> 7meters) are in the dark (while I can see them very well during the day). I've already played around with WDR etc.

Now I need to decide if it's better fixing the issue adding an IR lamp OR adding a standard LED light.

What do you reccommend? I'm interested on knowing which of the two solutions would provide the best result in terms of imagine quality (forget for a sec power consumption, etc.)

thanks a lot
mc

7m should not be a challenge.
Can you upload an example image please?

Hi both, I played around with WDR again. I realized that setting it "Auto", the results were really poor (I'm actually not sure if the camera was able to turn it on). I set WDR to "ON" and the result dramatically improved (the quality is great also at night). Now I still have a problem with two cameras because there is something reflecting the IR. The alarm's external sensors are very close to the cameras and are reflecting the light (unfortunately I wasn't able to install the cameras in a better place). In attach an example. I can obviously try to move them a bit but I doubt I will manage to completely remove them. Is there a way to avoid them reflecting the IR light (eg: painting them )? thanks a lot in advance. mc

Attachments

• Notte.JPG
    Notte.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 223
Is there a way to avoid them reflecting the IR light (eg: painting them )? thanks a lot in advance. mc

If you can't move them out of the camera's field of view then painting them black or a dark colour is your best option to reduce the glare you get off those sensors.

Sorry for the bump, but that looks exactly like mine and I discovered there was plastic shielding over the IR sensors (a ring around the dome) that needs to be removed, I will see if IR is improved tonight on my DS-KB1003-WIP and since there is no configure option to turn off IR I may have to use a permanent marker over them if the glare is still overbearing, because I don't want to dismantle the bell to unplug the IR off the PCB.

Back