01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Inconsistencies in motion detection

CliveC

As people may have read here I have had issues with the latest Hikvision I series NVR firmware causing the red check marks to stop working in the web interface of the NVR.

I have recently tried using iVMS-4200 connected to my I series NVR and using the remote playback funtion to search for motion detection events. I note that there are some motion events that iVMS-4200 picks up that are not shown in the Web interface, even though I have rolled back firmware to 4.1.64 NVR firmware, yet others appear in both. The source of data in both cases is the same NVR. in 4.1.64 red marks do work to indicate motion detection in the web interface - so I am puzzled as to why iVMS-4200 shows more events than the web interface.

Since Hikvision sells this solution as a security system, I really think it's time they took these bugs seriously and fixed them once and for all - I do not think it is acceptable that a security solution is so hap hazard in these functions, nor do I think it unreasonable to expect motion detection events to be consistent across methods of accessing the same NVR.

Would it be possible to get more updates from Hikvision on what they are doing in this area please? Is there a formal bug tracking number for this issue?

Today's point sounds different but related.

We have chased again today for this info.

Hi @CliveC

Apologies again for the delay getting back to you on this, we have several on-going technical issues with Hikvision, some only relate to an individual customer and others like this issue are more wide-reaching. I got a response from our Hikvision technical support contact in the UK and they said:

4.22.000 version will show different colour according to the record type.
If it is the event record, it will be the red.
If it is the normal record, it will be the blue.
We will release it in the Q4 .

So this issue should be corrected in the v4.22.000 firmware, the way our support contact describes it you can expect the playback interface in the browser to behave more like it already does when using a direct monitor with events and motion showing in a different color to continuous recording.

We will try and keep track of this firmware and post to the forum once we get our hands on it.

Thanks @Dan this sounds good. Finally they have acknowledged the issue and even spoken about a version that will fix it. Great to hear thank you.

Back