01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Indoor camera-pointing through window?

ekoku

Hi,

I’m exploring using an indoor camera-pointing through my bifold doors for a view of potential intruders into the garden. I can imagine that in the daytime-this shouldn’t be too much of an issue (?) But how would this work at night -can anyone recommend a suitable camera? My main concern is glare, I.e effectiveness any nightvision functionality through glass and how well it ‘sees’ outside relative to inside...

Attaching a photo here to give you an idea....

(The reason I’m thinking putting it inside is 1-the field of view is better, 2-I don’t want to put cameras at head height outside as they can be vandalised/sprayed).

Note also in the photo there is an alley to the right where we have already had intruders jumping over the fence!

Any thoughts would be appreciated!
1AE2C216-F397-475D-9722-7B89C3F57286.jpeg

You will always get reflections, day or night; and if you have any lights on indoors at night then you won't see anything out of the window. Add in the many false alerts you will get from rain or condensation on your windows, spiders and other insects and from the reflected IR lights and I fear you won't keep it that way for long. Did your trainers dry out OK?

ha- the trainers are drying out fine thanks @macman! They were soaked through and covered in mud from trying to sort out my lawn which is for another forum altogether!
Thanks for the input anyway, will give it some thought.

I actually have the same situation where i would like a camera viewing through a window to overlook a car, but have no height to fit a camera outside. If the camera was placed directly against the glass, would the IR's still glare?
I placed my mobile in the chosen location and got a near perfect picture, so i guess the IR is the only issue?
Oh apart from "Can standalone cameras that feature motion detection, be configured to run continuously?
Thanks
Colin

It's never very satisfactory looking through windows, exactly as @macman says above at #2

Back