01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Infrared stopped displaying - DS-2CD2342WD

vj531

I've just had an unsatisfactory attempt at using QVR pro (too slow) on my Qnap TS251A and have gone back to Surveillance Centre.
All is working fine as it used to, except now my infrared stopped displaying on our iPads. Day time is beautiful.
If I drop the video stream to say CIF [MJPEG] then night vision/infrared works but poorer quality. This used work without any adjustment before my QVR Pro experiment.

There are so many different options both inside the camera DS-2CD2342WD and the Qnap, I' m out of my depth.

Many thanks, in advance.
Stephen.

What camera model(s) please?

Do you have a PC on your network that you can check them / their settings with?

Yes.
And the recording playback on PC and iPads are fine see below. it's just the live stream?

Attachments

• IMG_0912.JPG
    IMG_0912.JPG
    622.9 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
What do you see on your iPad?
I don't think I'm following how you say the iPad is displaying an image with no IR.

Which App is it that you are now using on your iPad please?

Have you tried the usual:
  • Close and re-open the App
  • Shutdown and restart the iPad

Sorry, I replied to the notification email :)

The App is Vmobile.

Yes, I have rebooted and shut the Ipad.

It strange, it works fine until it gets dark! Very odd.

I have double-checked camera settings.
It looks like the cameras both stop 'displaying' on PC and iPads at a certain light level.
Recordings are fine.
update
I left my iPad running my normal ‘high megapixel H.264’ setting at dusk last night and watched the IR click in correctly and even managed to swipe and change camera, then it just stopped displaying and just said connecting......

Last edited:
Back