01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Installing external siren

Newbie Craig

Hi

Two question really first is can I configure outputs of an NVR to drive an externally mounted siren, to use an audible deterrent? If this is possible can it be controlled remotely by an app, rather than everytime somebody triggers a motion sensor

Next question I'm looking at buying Hikvision DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B), as there is not an DS-7604NI-K2/4P(B) available, does the former have configurable outputs to support the function described above? I'm not sure and think I will have to go for the 8 channel version DS-7608NI-K2/8P(B), which seems a bit of a waste as I only need 3 cameras?

any advice would be welcome, as I'm trying to explain the benefit of the CCTV over a traditional alarm and my OH said "great we get a notification and get to watch somebody steal our stuff".

Thanks in advance

1) What I would do is get a siren or two on a separate mains spur which plugs in to a convenient socket or ring - and control that via a smart switch using Jinvoo or similar. Completely separate from everything else, ans with independent control only from your App.The main risk of this approach is delays - but likely worthwhile to avoid false triggers waking the neighbourhood. The one potential down side is if you lose network connectivity having set it off - so you can't turn it off!

This obviates Q2 - choose your cameras for best performance in the situation regarding visual and alerts to you.

You can use external siren and control it with app. You just need to have external power adapter for your siren and use relay on NVR.
Relay on HIK NVR can handle up to 36V 2A power.

Just don't configure alarm output to motion detection and siren will be activated only via app.

Back