01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

MacOS Installing/Setting up NVR on Mac (with no external monitor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

karansaraf

I'm about to buy the Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2-8P 8 Channel Network Video Recorder.

I've seen the mega thread tutorial and can see the instructions for how to install/set up the NVR using Windows and an external monitor/mouse ([Tutorial Megathread] Getting Started With Your Hikvision System)

However, I don't have an external monitor, only Mac laptop. How can I set up and install the NVR this way? Any link to a tutorial?

Thanks for your response Phil - I've just ordered your 8 channel I model of the Hikvision NVR.

If I could ask a follow up question -

I have seen the tutorial for activating and viewing a HV camera on a Mac (that you linked to above) in the tutorial megathread.

However, my interpretation of this is that it's for cameras only? The tutorial step before this post was "Basic Setup of a HV NVR" and in this section it only explains the method that requires a monitor and mouse. It does state "NOTE: It is possible to configure the NVR remotely via a web browser, but for simplicity's sake we'll be covering the local configuration." and it is this method I was asking about.

To clarify - can I set up the NVR via iVMS as well as the cameras, or is that for cameras only?

Hi, activating / adding an NVR to your network is essentially the same as a camera.
Just a device on your network.
Once you have set a password and an appropriate IP address (within your network domain range), then you van access, login and change settings via Safari.
You will need to install the latest version of web components for Mac to be able to see live video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back