01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Intercom with outside doorbell to open door?

edbras

I want to buy a doorbell with intercom system to open my door. My door will be replaced shortly and will have a digital lock.
They advice my to buy an intercom/doorbell combi like the HikVision DS-KIS701.
That looks like a very nice system, but the problem I have with this is that, if I understand it correctly, the door is opened by the outside unit (door wires are connected to the outside unit). As such they could remove the out-side unit (doorbell with camera) and use the door wires to open it directly. I know the outside unit of HikVision is hard to remove and has some kind of alarm in it, but still, if I am on holiday far a long time, far away, they have plenty of time.

Do I need to be worried about this? Can this be done better/different? Or should I look for another better alternative intercome/doorbell combi?
Sorry, I am a bit new in this area and getting a bit lost in the intercome/doorbell systems :-(
Please some advice

It's not a product we offer, so I don't know it well.
I've added a link below, and attached some docs.

It seems unlikely that you need to be concerned about what you describe, as there are only 2 wires to the external doorbell, and control of the door lock will be via the internal station.

DS-KIS701 2-Wire Video Intercom Bundle-Hikvision

Attachments

• UD09627B__Baseline_Video_Intercom_Bundle_Quick_Start_Guide_V1.1.0_20180409(4).pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 500
  • UD09014B_DS-KIS701_Two-Wire_Video_Intercom_Bundle__1.0_20190116.PDF
    1.9 MB · Views: 370
Thank you, but I don't the door is unlocked through the inside unit like you mention. See the attached picture from the document. As you can see, the outdoor unit is directly connected to the door lock.

Attachments

• HikVisionWires.png
    HikVisionWires.png
    85.3 KB · Views: 3,984
Apologies for my error.
I'm glad you've found a solution.

Back