01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Intrusion Detection & Line Crossing event markers during playback on DS-7604NI-K1

GlassMan

I'm recording continuously with my DS-7604NI-K1 (2 cameras) and have intrusion detection & line crossing event notifications set up. It's all working OK apart from the event markers aren't showing during playback. When I initially tested motion detection, the markers showed under the blue line during playback, but now I'm using Intrusion/line crossing they don't show - I've tried selecting them from the LOV with the dotted square & bin symbol.

My cameras are:

DS-2CD2563G0-IS
DS-2CD2383G0-I

Is this due to some incompatibility with the old v3 firmware that the DS-7604NI-K1 or am I missing a setting somewhere? Anyone else have the same issues?

is this viewing the camera via a web browser ?

, i record continuously too, as did a search on line crossing and intrusion detection the other night, and my markers below the bluetime disappeared, on this occasion i somehow had managed to alter the IE zoom setting to less than 100 percent, and the had gone , set it back to 100 and they return. maybe worth a check...

Thanks for your reply Dave, yes the issue is with viewing via the web interface for the NVR using IE11.

Following your comments, I tried allsorts of things with IE - zoom, compatibility mode, deleting cookies and temp files etc... still no joy.

I re-enabled motion detection to make sure it still works....and it does. The pink area in the screenshot below is some motion detection:

But when using Intrusion Detection I get the following (no markers), and there were definitely events during that time period as I got notifications and I can see the area going red within the video playback:

I don't always have notifications going to my phone, so it would be very useful to be able to search for them during playback.

Hi @GlassMan

Apologies for the slow reply but we have also been trying to figure this problem out, we have the solution and now we know how to do it it is really easy to set up.

@Phil pointed out the first important part of this process in another forum response that you can find here

He pointed out that you need to enable Rules in the configuration menu to get the smart event information overlaying the live image (see below - blue line is the line crossing and the green box goes red as the person crosses)

But obviously you still need to be able to see when line crossing has been triggered in the playback timeline, it was this part that was annoyingly simple, you were correct in selecting the line crossing detection button in the bottom left but what is not so obvious is that after you have clicked this button you then need to click 2 points on the playback image to draw the line where you want the crossing data from (see in our example image below we just put the yellow line over the existing line crossing line) and it will then highlight in pink in the timeline all the times someting large enough crossed that line you have just drawn.

So simply put:

- You draw the line on the playback for any line crossing information that you want at that moment while you are viewing playback and the line/intrusion area can be drawn anywhere in the scene and it will scan the playback for any time something crossed that line/area (whichever smart event you want to view it must be enabled in the Smart Events menu before you draw the line or intrusion area)

- You only set the line crossing schedule and linkage method if you are using it to record, send an alarm trigger, and/or to send push & email notifications

I should also point out that you don't have to have the Rules feature enabled all the time, it just helps if you want to draw the line in the same place as you set it in the Smart Event menu.

Last edited:
Back