01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Intrusion/line crossing at dawn and dusk? Possible answer...

fullboogie

Expert
Trusted Member
About eight months ago I installed a Hikvision I-series NVR with eight 2355/2385 cams. I've always had three cams that set alarms on either intrusion or line crossing at both dawn and dusk each day. Those three cams are oriented the same direction, west, which is different than the remaining 5 cams. I've done all the tweaking I can think of to eliminate the false alerts to no avail. The false alerts have followed the changing times of dawn and dusk throughout the year. Reviewing recordings the alarms always came immediately after the cams switched from day to night, color to b/w, and IR kicking in.

So after digging around, I realized that on my cams the "video tampering" feature was automatically enabled. After disabling that feature on those three cams, I have not had an alert at dusk/dawn for 5 days. If you ever see video of the dusk/dawn changeover it's a large "blink" that momentarily blanks out the feed when it switches over. I think the "video tampering" setting being "on" sees that as an alert and sets it off. Since turning that feature off it's been good so far. Crossing fingers...

Just went through another dusk/dawn/dusk cycle and no false alarms!

Back