01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Invalid Characters: &"\*+'?:/^

DaveA

When I tried to setup email the operation failed because my email password contained some of the above invalid characters.
I am now left with the choice of 1) Changing my email password and all the hassle that will cause bringing everything into line.
2) Creating a new email address just for this camera.

Putting these restrictions on the login password is fair enough as it does not impact on anything else but putting these restrictions on an email address password ( and presumably ftp password which I have not tested yet ) is a right pain and not user friendly at all.

Hi Dave,
@Dan here came across some password restriction issues the other day, and discussed it with Milesight.
It wasn't his email password.
It was something along the lines of the NVRs allowing special character in passwords, but the cameras not (or vice-versa).
Dan's not in today - I'll see what I can dig-out AND bring this to their attention.
I believe they said they would rectify it in the next firmware.
I'll see if I can get an ETA. @Andy Lee
Crazy to limit the characters that can be used in an email password.

Hi Dave,
@Dan here came across some password restriction issues the other day, and discussed it with Milesight.
It wasn't his email password.
It was something along the lines of the NVRs allowing special character in passwords, but the cameras not (or vice-versa).
Dan's not in today - I'll see what I can dig-out AND bring this to their attention.
I believe they said they would rectify it in the next firmware.
I'll see if I can get an ETA. @Andy Lee
Crazy to limit the characters that can be used in an email password.
Hi Phil, we are enhancing our firmware to support the ability to use special characters in camera and NVR, will inform you when the new firmware release, thanks for this kind feedback!

Back