01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

IP Address Filtering on NVR DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P(B)

AndyChips

Hi, I've just bought a DS-2CD2347G1-LU from you and I notice it has IP Address Filtering. I can't find the same option on my NVR. Is this feature only available on the newer cameras?
The reason I ask is because my NVR is being spammed by a particular internet IP address and I'd like to be able to block it.

Yes you can set that on the NVR. On the NVR web GUI go to to Configuration > System > Security then click on the Access Restriction Settings.

If you're using the default Hikvision ports on your NVR that'll be why you're seeing an abundance of "illegal login" attempts. Change the server port from the default of 8000 and you'll likely have no further issues.

Yes you can set that on the NVR. On the NVR web GUI go to to Configuration > System > Security then click on the Access Restriction Settings.

If you're using the default Hikvision ports on your NVR that'll be why you're seeing an abundance of "illegal login" attempts. Change the server port from the default of 8000 and you'll likely have no further issues.
Ah, thanks JB1970. I didn't know it could only be done at the NVR GUI. I was looking in the web GUI.

Edit: actually, I may have misread your answer. I just noticed you said 'NVR web GUI'. I may have mistaken that for the NVR GUI on the actual unit. Thoughts?

Attachments

• NVR security.PNG
    NVR security.PNG
    14.2 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
Ah, thanks JB1970. I didn't know it could only be done at the NVR GUI. I was looking in the web GUI.

Edit: actually, I may have misread your answer. I just noticed you said 'NVR web GUI'. I may have mistaken that for the NVR GUI on the actual unit. Thoughts?

My bad. I only checked my I series on V4 firmware and it’s there. Just checked an older E series as well as a K2 and the function is missing there also.

Start by altering your server port number. I’ve never had to resort to IP filtering to block access attempts. Alternatively could you block it in your router firewall?

So I guess even though my NVR is on the latest firmware (V4.30.000 build 200508) I'll never get that option?
Unfortunately I only have a BT Hub. No option for extensive firewall changes. I'll look at getting a grown up router, such as a Draytek.
I'm loathe to change any ports from factory default but that may be a second option - but I suspect the hackers would find it eventually, anyway.

So I guess even though my NVR is on the latest firmware (V4.30.000 build 200508) I'll never get that option?
Unfortunately I only have a BT Hub. No option for extensive firewall changes. I'll look at getting a grown up router, such as a Draytek.
I'm loathe to change any ports from factory default but that may be a second option - but I suspect the hackers would find it eventually, anyway.

Honestly I'd recommend always changing the default ports. I'm an installer and after seeing so many cases of NVR's and DVR's (my own included) being bombarded with illegal login attempts, I change them for all my installations and don't recall having seen an illegal login attempt since. When I say "bombarded" - I've seen in excess of 2000 attempts in a single day from automated attacks. I just set the three ports - server, http and RTSP to - for example 51000, 51001, 51002. In a lot of cases it makes port forwarding of some router models easier to carry out with a single rule rather than three.

Thanks JB1970. I'll go with changing the ports. It's an easy win.
Thanks for your help.
A.

I'll second JB's port recommendation. I changed mine quite a while ago and receive no more illegal login attempts, which are really just bots anyway.

Also check and see if your setup has MAC filtering. My system is setup so that only my phone (Hik Connect) and my laptop are able to access my system.

Back