01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Ip camera on a budget - upgrade for a Vstarcam C783Wip Model

half_pint

I currently have a Vstar Cam C738WIP IP camera with pan and tilt, however I'm looking to update/upgrade, for roughly £100.
Some of the issues that I have with this camera are:

• Every now and again it re-boots /crashes with a horrible screech sound coming from the speaker
  • Video captured is supposed to be HD 1280x720 However its not exactly HD when playing back or viewing, It currently looks out of a bedroom window and cant make out peoples faces, vehicle registration plates, or even logos on vehicles ( ie delivery vans)
  • The Software, Vstar Eye4 cam is awful, it wont let me download files form the camera over a wifi network ( i have to remove the SD card and plug it into my computer for this) Plus the viewing live image software only offers a monitoring window at a resolution of 640x360
  • The mobile app is also so-so and often wont connect, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesnt
Any ideas on a update/upgrade? idealy it will come in at under £130, pan+tilt a must, 5 volt input ( so it ccan be run from consumer USB powerbanks if required) and solve some of the issues above, especialy the poor resolution/image quality

Sorry, we don't offer anything suitable at use-IP.
I'd suggest you seek a minimum 2MP 1920 x 1080 resolution.
Others may have suggestions of products that have worked well for them.
Otherwise, shop around and check the reviews.

Back