01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

IP camera Selection

Alex Smith

I am looking for an IP camera for my home which will be easily monitored from any place. So, which one is the best to choose?

Vivotek AI Network Video Recorders
Hello Alex,

When it comes to camera selection there is a few things that you need to take into consideration:

1. Budget
  2. Indoor outdoor
  3. Does it need Infra-red? (Night vision)
  4. Weatherproof and/or vandal proof?
  5. What will you be looking at? (eg. front garden)
  6. Estimated viewing angle (Does it need to be vari-focal?)
  7. Preferred style (Dome, Bullet, Cube or no preference?)
  8. What sort of recording were you wanting to do? (Continuous or on Motion Detection)
  9. How were you looking to store recorded footage? (NVR, PC, On board SD storage, NAS drive or cloud based storage)
  10. How are you looking to power the camera? (Power Over Ethernet or via wall mains)
  11. Lastly, What accessories might you need? (A specific mounting bracket? POE injector or switch? SD card? An NVR or NAS?)
If you could let me know the answer to these questions I would be happy to offer some suggestions or point you in the right direction?
Many Thanks,
Harri

Hi Harry,

I am happy with your immediate reply with required consideration for IP camera selection. I will PM you all details with considering above questionnaires.

The third point which Harri mention is the most important one. Infrared light: IR illuminators are the most important aspect of a CCTV camera. With the help of this you get a perfect picture. During the daytime as there is enough light the picture will be clear but when it comes to night in low light the picture does not appear clearly. Hence here we need the help of an IR illuminator. IR illuminator is also cost efficient.
http://axtoncctv.co.uk/professional-opinion/
Here is the professional opinion about IR illuminator

Back