01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

IP Cameras Dead Hkvision

duration

Hello,
I have two IP Cameras that are located in the same area of a building that went out. While taking them down and checking them plugging them directly into the switch one camera does not light up at all (no green or orange lights) and the other it is only the solid orange light. I am unable to find the cause to why the cameras would go out light this. I have already replaced the cameras so its not an internet cable issue or a PoE issue. If someone could help me troubleshoot the cameras that would be great. I feel like it would be rare for two cameras in the same location to go out like this at the same time. I was thinking lighting might have hit the conduit but there does not seem to be any damage to the line or the camera in that matter. Also there has been no issues with any of the other cameras in the office.

How did you power the cameras? PoE? With PoE Recorder or PoE Switch? Or normal 12V DC?

Hello the camera is powered with PoE. Also an update the camera that wouldn't turn on with PoE, I also plugged it into the power cable and the light turned on but still no connection. Both cameras still have no connection but they turn on by the nigh vision light that glows red when you plug it in.

Did you reset the cameras? (Did they have reset button?) Or over tool? Maybe IP Range Problem?

Which camera models please?
Do you have Hikvision's SADP utility installed?
Please scan with SADP and share here what that shows.

Back