01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

IP cameras on Hikvision Turbo HD 1.0 Hybrid DVR - should they show up with analog cameras in app?

AveryFreeman

Hi,

Does anyone have a Hikvision DS-71xx DS-72xx or DS-73xx hybrid DVR that you use with both analog and IP cameras?

We're trying to adopt IP cameras with our DS-7332HGHI - got our first one up and running, seems to be able to view from the DVR and record just like the analog cameras.

However, when trying to view the IP camera from the IVMS-4500 app, it doesn't show up with all the analog cameras - it's like it's not even there.

Does anyone have any idea why? I'm trying to figure out if this is normal or there's something wrong...

Note: It's NOT a Hikvision camera but the DVR seems to think it is.

Sorry, we never get hands-on with DVRs, hopefully someone will drop by and have some useful advice / feedback for you.

FWIW - My general advice is not to mix analogue and IP i.e. not to add IP to hybrid recorders.
They are so limiting e.g. you may only be able to add x1 IP camera, perhaps of max. 2MP resolution.

Hikvision's NVRs are so cheap now.
IMHO it's best to move on and build a fresh IP solution, using a suitable NVR, and not encounter any limits or issues.
Of course, there will always be circumstances ...

Sorry, we never get hands-on with DVRs, hopefully someone will drop by and have some useful advice / feedback for you.

FWIW - My general advice is not to mix analogue and IP i.e. not to add IP to hybrid recorders.
They are so limiting e.g. you may only be able to add x1 IP camera, perhaps of max. 2MP resolution.

Hikvision's NVRs are so cheap now.
IMHO it's best to move on and build a fresh IP solution, using a suitable NVR, and not encounter any limits or issues.
Of course, there will always be circumstances ...

You know, that's a good point. However, I know for now at least we're trying to keep all the streams in one place.

The DVR *says* it should be able to add an additional 8 IP cameras to the 32 analog cameras (or up to 32 if not using any analog cameras) - so one would think it would be adept at handling both.

I'm just not sure if the cameras need to be of a specific type. It records and views our one IP camera but it just doesn't show up in the same list externally.

Hopefully someone will have some hands-on experience with it that can help out!

Digging up an oldish thread here, but I've also just come across same issue (Although I think mine is Turbo 3).

I have a DS-7204HUHI-F1 / N (4 channel plus 2 IP 4MP). Been fine with the three 3MP AHD cameras since install. Went to get another camera and now I cannot get same ones. Only option was to go down to 2MP or go IP. Decided to go for a 4MP camera (DS-2CD2345FWD-I)

I've added the camera OK, but the Hik-Connect app cannot see it remotely and therefore also not do remote playback. Did you find any solution?

Also have another issue with the recording of this IP camera, frame rate is awful (less than 1FPS) when using 4MP. It's almost as if the DVR is having to re-encode the stream to record it and bogging down the CPU, can anyone advise?

Thank you! That's very helpful.

My boss has decided to go a completely different route at the restaurant, we still have the DVR going with 32 channels and it'll stay in place indefinitely, doing mainly outdoor cameras (for now)

But now he uses those little Wyze micro-SD cameras that cost $30/ea, he doesn't even need anyone to help install them since they're WIFI. They're all over the place, looking at the order strip in the restaurant, monitoring stock levels in the walk-in fridge and freezer, etc. Just grabs another one and sticks it up wherever he feels like. There's a cumulative >50 cameras there now.

We have pretty sick WIFI which I'm sure helps (Unifi UAP-AC-PRO x3 point mesh for a 1/6th city block - it's overkill).

It's a brave new world...

Iam using 7204/7208/7216 HUHI or HTHI DVRs. I know its Turbo 4.0, but all works fine in this combination with added IP Cameras.

On an old F1 DVR, 4MP IP is not really working correctly! Maybe you can change the DVR to an 7204 HUHI K1 or 7204 HTHI K1. I think its the cheapest and fastest way to get all work.

Back