01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

IP CCTV system - what is best???

Rhys Hughes

hello all

Newbie to the CCTV world but in the process of buying a new house and want to add CCTV. I was thinking 3-4 cameras for the external, 1 for the front door with maybe a small screen inside and 1 camera in the Garage.
I am already doing my plans for the Cat 6 network I want in the house, so want to include the cables runs for the cameras. My first question is how do I determine the right location for the camera's? Also what is the best camera to go for that isn't to big and create and eye sore?
Next question is, does the system you connect it to have PoE ports or will a switch need to be purchased? Also can you set static IP or do you need a DHCP option?
I assume internet access is possible, so how can I check my cameras whilst at work or on my phone? Do you need a ddns service?
I have a budget of about £500 to £600 so is this possible? Happy to install myself

Typical NVR:
Hikvision DS-7604NI-K1-4P | 4 Channel Network Video Recorder ¦ use-IP Ltd

You need to add a hard drive:
Western Digital Purple | 1-8 TB SATA 6 GB\/s NAS Hard Drive

Our GoTo camera for high-level mounting:
Hikvision DS-2CD2335FWD-I 3MP Turret Network Camera

If you are mounting the camera low down and need vandal-resistance, then:
Hikvision DS-2CD2135FWD-I 3MP Dome Network Camera
(also good for in your garage)

The NVR provides POE power to the cameras (up to 100m).

It's best to fix the camera and NVR's IP addresses on your LAN for long-term stability.

You don't have to have an internet connection with a static IP address, you can use their Hik-Connect portal as a free DDNS.

And 'Hik-Connect' Apps for your phone/tablet are available FOC from the usual IOS & Android stores.

Check our YouTube channel for the latest sample videos and explanations - use-IP Ltd

Back