01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

IP CCTV System

Ricardo_46

So i am a newbie in cctv ip, but i am thinking in make some instalattion in my home.

I was thinking in get 4 dome cameras with at least 1080p resolution and a NVR from Hikvision.

The dome would have energy via Poe from the NVR. Do you think that this is the best solution for power up the cameras or is better to get a gigabit switch with poe?

Best regards

Hi,
It's fine to power the cameras from the NVR's POE ports

It will work fine.
My only reservation being that those products are not from the latest product families, therefore I worry about HikVision's ongoing support & development of them.

The camera is from the R6 Family, which was replaced in Spring 2017 by the G1 Family.
I would go with a 2135 dome from that G1 family:
Hikvision DS-2CD2135FWD-I | 3MP Dome Network Camera ¦ use-IP Ltd

Similarly for the NVR, I would select the 7608-I:
Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2-8P 8 Channel Network Video Recorder ¦ use-IP Ltd

HikVision NVRs - should I purchase a -I or a -K suffix NVR?

See also my 30 tips on HikVision for an overview:
HikVision - Top Thirty Tips

According to the Hikvision website (UK & Ireland) the 2122 is from the Pro Series 2.0 range, the G1s are in the Pro Series 2.0 plus range and the Pro Series 3.0 range. But to make sense of what's what on that website with the ranges and the redundancy in the naming conventions is enough to make anyone tired of the chaos that is Hikvision? My DS-2CD2122FWD-IWS according to the box was manufactured in July'18, so your comment about Spring 2017 puzzles me, so does your comment that the 2135FWD is from G1 family. The G1s have G1 in the name (?) eg. DS-2CD2723G1 ??

. . . oh, and forgot to ask for your advice while busy dishing out mine, sorry. So I have no Windows machine in my house, all computers Linux / Ubuntu, bought that DS-2CD2122FWD-IWS (-IWS = wifi capable) thinking it would be a simple case of using Hik-Connect to scan the QR code and WPS on router to get the thing online. But now find it doesn't work like that (?). Is there anyway I can get to the camera admin without SADP and a Windows machine?

Sorry, we have no experience with Linux.
Perhaps via Zoneminder.

Please could you advise on whether there any manufacturers of PoE cams that don't require Windows / Internet Explorer to setup & live view the cams ?

What do you wish to use please?
i.e. OS and browser

Thanks Phil, I'd like to use - Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS & Mozilla Firefox 68.0.1 (64 bit)

Back